We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

She Crab Soup

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
She Crab Soup

Where can we find the best She Crab Soup in Savannah now? A few years ago the best to be found was the dining room at the Desoto Hilton. Seems like all the good places are gone now. I know the Desoto is still there, but the soup isn't. Anyone have a recommendation? Thanks.

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: She Crab Soup

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that the Soup was the only reason that the crab population was going down. However, the old tradition of throwing back the females isn't done as much anymore. People with their own docks, are to blame now. Knowing which is which is not common knowledge.

Crabs can live a long time without being in the water, but if the crabbers wait until they are back on shore to look at crabs, they seldom go back to the river to put them back in.

The ORIGNAL recipe for She Crab soup did include the Roe (hence the name) I doubt if many, if any,of the restaurants clean their own crabs today.

Order and enjoy.

Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
15,112 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: She Crab Soup

"Order and enjoy."

Thanks! I hope she reads this and does. It really is good! :-)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
407 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: She Crab Soup

We just returned and sampled about a dozen different crab soups in town. The best we tasted was at the Crystal Beer Parlor. The Pink House's was up there, as was the soup at Jazz'd.

Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
14. Re: She Crab Soup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 18, 2013