We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decent take out/delivery close to W. Broughton

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
407 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Decent take out/delivery close to W. Broughton

Looking to feed a small group of 10 hungry travelers who will arriving throughout the day. We'll be in a condo on W. Broughton and want to have food for everyone that will keep for a while, since there may be 3-5 hours between arrivals.

I see that Papillote is right there, but they close at 3pm and many of their dishes are served warm. I have some people that may not arrive until 8 that evening. So I'm thinking perhaps cold salads and sandwiches would make the most sense? I don't really know.

I'm looking at Kayak Kafe and Goose Feathers as well. Any thoughts on those? I was hoping to keep this as simple for me as possible, so delivery would be super nice, but not necessary.

My other option is pizza delivery, aside from Van go go's - are there any other places that deliver? Or are there any other places you suggest that would suit our needs. The only food that wouldn't go over well is BBQ, but otherwise, we're not a picky crowd.

Thanks for any help!

Mentioned in this post
Kayak Kafe
Kayak Kafe
809 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,076 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decent take out/delivery close to W. Broughton

I like the prepared food at Parker's:

yelp.com/biz/parkers-market-urban-gourmet-sa…

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
16,091 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decent take out/delivery close to W. Broughton

Parker's is a good idea. You can order several items from Papillotte and let people choose when the arrive. Their food is FABULOUS. I usually get to-go from Saigon. Check to see if they deliver. Another option is to order several entrees, keep them in the fridge and zap in the microwave when they arrive. Everything is good there.http://www.allmenus.com/ga/savannah/27282-saigon/menu/

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decent take out/delivery close to W. Broughton

Kayak Cafe is a good option and I love Parker's.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
407 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decent take out/delivery close to W. Broughton

Awesome... I know I'm drooling of Papillotte's menu. What would you recommend from Parkers? I can't really find a list or menu.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
16,091 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decent take out/delivery close to W. Broughton

Parker's is a deli/grocery/market. I doubt they will have a listing of what's available. You may want to pick out a beer and take home one of their "growlers" to serve to your guests - savannahnow.com/exchange/2012-03-08/downtown… Everything I've had at Papillote has been wonderful. Their crab and mango tartine is divine...but so are their soups and other sandwiches. Another idea = order from Paula Deen's Lady and Sons. I used to do this when in town for conferences. I'd buy 4 of her sandwiches and pick them up at the gift shop inside, take them back to the conference and let friends pick their favorite choice. I just made sure I'd be happy with any of the 4 My favorite is her asparagus sandwich.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
407 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decent take out/delivery close to W. Broughton

Wow, I love the growler idea, we may have to get one of those for the week we'll be in town. How cool is that?

Now I'm hungry looking at all these menus online... I have a feeling we will be well-fed in Savannah!

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decent take out/delivery close to W. Broughton

Not sure if I'm too late on this, but I would recommend Savannah to Go. You can order food from about 15 different local Savannah restaurants and they'll bring it right to you check them out at savannahtogo.com

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
407 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decent take out/delivery close to W. Broughton

I will check that out, thank you!

9. Re: Decent take out/delivery close to W. Broughton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 21, 2013