We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for a girls trip

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for a girls trip

My friends and I are coming to savannah for the weekend mid September. We are looking for bars, hotels, must see attractions and great food. Here's a little background: we are in our early forties. Love to have a good time, laugh and we can be a little rowdy (but not in a disrespectful way). As far as the hotel is concerned, we would prefer to be in the historic district possibly near the water for $200 per night. Bars: we don't want to be at stuffy pretentious place. Like I said earlier, we want to have FUN!! I think we all love any type of food. I surely want to go to mrs Wilkes house and would love to go to the olde pink house again but IMO its more of a date type restaurant.

All suggestions welcome. Thanks everyone!!

Hiram, Georgia
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for a girls trip

My husband and I really enjoy Savannah Smiles Dueling Piano Bar for a fun night. It is not for everyone... it is pretty much a dive bar and has girls walking around selling shots and jello shots out of oversized syringes in very little clothing. That being said, we love it lol.

The best part is the dueling pianos. They take requests for songs and it turns into a really rowdy fun time with everyone singing a long and people dancing on the stage. Usually there are a few bacherlorette partys going on. Like I said, not for everyone, but for us we always have the best time. It is not stuffy and pretentious AT ALL lol.

Also, I highly recommend Crystal Beer Parlor. Food is great and it doesn't have a "date night" type feel. Oh and don't miss Wet Willys on river street for the alcohol filled frozen drinks. They have drinks with rum, vodka and even grain alcohol :)

As for attractions, my husband and I are not ones for touring historic homes or doing trolly tours. We mostly walk around and enjoy the people watching and beautiful squares, so I can't really say too much on that.

Hope this helps!

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for a girls trip

Everytime I read about activites for "Girls" I think about the Girl Scouts. LOL . We get a lot of them. The Scouts were started in Savannah.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for a girls trip

it probably would be best for the girl scouts to avoid us that weekend. LOL

Savannah
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for a girls trip

How many of you are there? You may want to look into vacation rentals as opposed to a hotel. If you need 3 or 4 hotel rooms at $200/night you can find some great houses at lower cost, plus you have a living-room and garden to all sit together and socialize. Here are some great Homes savannahdreamvacations.com/vacationrentals/

Florence
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for a girls trip

Beware of booking any travel with http://www.conciergetvl.com/ this lady is a total rip off she works in the Atlanta area and is not honest.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for a girls trip

We understand that Nicole B is trying to launch an attack against this company because she owes the company money. Sad. The owner will unfortunately be forced to seek legal action if Nicole doesn't pay her bill.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
154 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for a girls trip

I want advice on savannah not on which travel agent or agency to use or not use. Can you please take your disagreement elsewhere?

Does anyone have any more recommendations to offer? All the advice so far has been great. Thanks

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
5,985 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for a girls trip

Hey, deanswife, the Girl Scout motto is "Be Prepared". It has helped me with every trip I've ever taken.! :D (including girls' weekends).

Hiram, Georgia
Level Contributor
155 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations for a girls trip

Also, check out Rocks on the Roof. Its a bar on the roof of the Bohemian Hotel which is located on River Street. It is a beautiful bar that has live music on the weekends. There are amzing views from up there! I go everytime i'm in Savannah for a few drinks and to enjoy the view.

I second the suggestion to do a rental. I just booked a place with 2 bedrooms and a pull out coach that was a little more then 200 a night but split 5 ways it comes out way cheaper then hotels! And the kitchen is a plus.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendations for a girls trip

My friend and I just had a fun girls weekend in Savannah! We stayed at the Planter's Inn on Reynold's square, which is in the historic district and within 2 blocks of the river! We had a great meal, with excellent service, at the Sapphire Grill on Congress street. Enjoy!