We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

Bonaire, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

We just left Savannah from staying at the Extended Stay, Midtown at 5511 Abercorn St in Savannah, Ga from 19 Jun - 24 Jun 2012. This is one of the best hotels ever - you can get to riverstreet in less than 5 minutes, to Tybee Island in 18 minutes and so many eating places, malls & shopping on Abercorn for such a great price. The rooms all have full kitchens, big bathrooms and the staff their are awesome. They truly make you feel like you are home away from home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone - their are so many things to do in Savannah and you can get such a great room for a good price.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

Thanks for that. If you can, be sure to post a review of that specific hotel.

Bonaire, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

The hotel was the Extended stay of America in Savannah, located at 5511 Abercorn Street.

Savannah, Ga
Level Contributor
719 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

Readers should be aware that this is not your usual Hotel. It is like it's name says...Extended Stay. The reviews are usually fairly bad, so it's good that one person found it a nice place to stay.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
13,230 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

The reviews are REALLY bad. This is a first time poster so consider that as well. Read the other reviews on TripAdvisor to get other points of view.

Bonaire, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

First of all this was probably my 10th time I have stayed at this hotel since 2009. My son actually lived there for 3 months when he re-located to Savannah in 2007 so t may be a first time poster to trip advisor but definitetly was not my first time staying there. I have never experienced any of the post that people had bad experiences - all of our stays have been awesome and like I said each year, at least twice a year - we go back to the same place. I loved this hotel. Others that had good experiences may have been like I was and just didn't know how to post something on trip advisor and this was my first post ever on trip advisor. Most folks don't take the time to say something good about a stay, but they certainly will post the bad - remember this was MY stay and MY experience and it was and always has been absolutely wonderful.

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

Sounds more like a advertisement than a review. I will stick to the Historic District for my stays.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

Wanda, does the Extended Stay offer a shuttle to the historic district?

Bonaire, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

I'm sorry you took this as an advertisement rather than a review for I was just responding to the person that stated it was my first stay there. These forums I thought we used to applaud either a good or a bad stay and I was just expressing my opinion on my stay, which has always been awesome

Bonaire, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

I don't think they have a shuttle service at the hotel but right across the street is a shopping center where the buses that run all over Savannah pick up at. I see alot of folks getting on there, but we have always just drove to the historic district. We have never had any trouble parking, we usually just go to a parking lot (10.00) all day adjacent to the Market Square and from there you are a 3 minute walk to Riverstreet as well. Also on Sat/Sun in the downtown/historic part where all the meters are located, as well as the parking lots that are actually located on Riverstreet, the parking is free on Sat/Sun.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Extended Stay at 5511 Abercorn St, Savannah, Ga

If you want to experience HELL, stay this motel which is a heaven for drug dealers. People were fighting all nights. We were fearful for our safety. There are trash. human wastes, urine, vomiting all overs, molds in the rooms. Rooms are not cleaned. same bed sheets/ beeddings are used without cleaning. No ice, no coffee. You have ask for towels and soaps and shampoo. We had to buy bedding and pay another $20.00 to the motel. All the websites give false and misleading informatio. We came back with sickness. NEVER STAY AT HIS MOTEL.Hotels.com should not keep this motel in their list