We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info on Mariott riverfront

Atlanta
2 posts
Save Topic
Info on Mariott riverfront

My husband and I will be in Savannah this weekend and have reservations at the Mariott Riverside. Can anyone tell me whats around this hotel, is it a nice hotel, what are the sites and restaurants close by? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info on Mariott riverfront

This is a very nice hotel at the far end of River Street, and this is going to be a glorious weekend.

You can walk down the riverwalk past our Olympic torch and the statue of Florence Martis and you are at River Street. Shops and restaurants. A touristy art fair kind of thing on Saturday, fireworks at 9:30 Friday night. Up to Bay street above, more food and stuff. Walk down Bull st and see our beautiful city. A couple blocks SW from Bay and you are a city market, lots of shops and restaurants.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
253 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Info on Mariott riverfront

Expect to walk 10 minutes along the Savannah River walkway to get to the tourist area of River Street then walk up steps to Bay Street and the historic district.

Nice hotel with great views of the river. If you can stand a little hike you'll be fine.

The Hampton Inn on Bay Street is more convenient but looses the views of the river.