We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of moving to the area

Raleigh, NC
2 posts
Save Topic
Thinking of moving to the area

My husband has a job offer in Savannah and well, I don't know anything about the city. How many residents? What is the average price of a home. Our kids do not live with us any more, so where we live does not depend on schools and such. What are the best neighborhoods to live in. Where do I even start my search??? Any help is most appreciated!!

Savannah
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thinking of moving to the area

I moved here from Michigan a year ago and love it. Downtown is the most stylish - urbane, cool. Stunningly historic. Walking distance to restaurants and nightlife.

The burbs are wilmington island, whitmarsh island, isle of hope and the landings (on skidaway). These are all east of downtown

West is Pooler, Rincon, Richmond Hills.

Honestly the drive from the burbs to downtown is pretty awful. Typical urban sprawl driving, nothing pretty with the exception of the causeway driving to the east. That is why I moved into the city. Living in the city is true Savannah living.

Enjoy - !