We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay in Savannah, GA

Alabama
1 post
Save Topic
Best place to stay in Savannah, GA

Please help? Yes, there is must info. as to lodging - too much for me - I am confused. Please tell me if I am in the right direction for small inn nicely furnished and confortable, clean, good food, quiet, good sleeping beds, walking distance to interesting places (we like history. What do you think of Green Palm Inn and 1895 Inn. I appreciate the guidance. CC

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to stay in Savannah, GA

The 1895 Inn is much, much better located. It is right in the a very good central part of the Historic District. Close to a lot of places to eat, shops, art galleries, and the squares.

The Green Palm Inn is about as far East of the central part as you can get. It is also very close to a public housing complex with all the problems with that. There aren't many places to eat and there would be several blocks to walk to get to places of interest.

I don't know how the accomodations, etc of those two would be. Perhaps someone else could tell you.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to stay in Savannah, GA

Here is a link to a map of the Historic District.

www.savcvb.com/savannah/maps/downtown.shtml

If you think of Bull and Bay (at the top of the map) as the center of the universe, the closer your hotel is to that, the closer you will be to the stuff you want to see and the places you want to visit. Things kind of radiate out from there.

Forsyth Park (at the far south end of the District) is beautiful and a must see, but it is only 1 mile from the river. So you can walk to anything you want to see if you are reasonably healthy.

Stay near the center for the convenience, especially your first time here. (you'll be back, they all come back).

Get answers to your questions about Savannah