We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downton Hotel w/airport shuttle?

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Downton Hotel w/airport shuttle?

Am considering Historic area Hampton Inn for my one-night visit at end of the month, but see they do not offer airport shuttle.

Is it worth switching to a hotel that does - or does the downtown location (200-block of E. Bay) make it worth simply getting a taxi from the airport?

One other question: Someone else asked this but I didn't see a reply: Many restaurants (Paula Deen's, Gottliebs) are recommended, but unclear how okay it would be for a single traveller to dine alone there. In some cities, you see many solo diners - in others it's almost verboten. thoughts?

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downton Hotel w/airport shuttle?

The taxi fare from the airport is not that bad $20-$25. There are a couple hotels on Bay that have shuttles though and there is a private shuttle as well $15 one way $20 round trip.

I don't think eating alone is a big issue here. I have never done it except for a quick lunch, but I see people eating alone often. You may find someone striking up a conversation with you, we are a friendly bunch here.

Portland
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downton Hotel w/airport shuttle?

Thank you, Brian - that is just the info I needed!