We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Break

My sister is turning 21 during her Spring Break vacation in March. I want to take her someplace where we could have fun and a beach would be nice but I'm worried it might be to chilly to enjoy it. Might Savannah be a fun place for birthday weekend? Are there any Spring Break festivities there?

Thanks!

K

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break

It kind of depends on when your spring break is. Savannah isn't a spring break town like much of florida and the gulf is. But, if your spring break falls over St. Patrick's Day - then that's a different story.

Indiana
Level Contributor
936 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break

Savannah is a good 30 min. + from any beach. Tybee is the nearest. You might what to look into Hilton Head. Savannah is a beautiful town if your into old architecture and history. If its a great beach and nightlife Hilton Head may better suit you.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break

With SCAD here a lot of clubs and such downtown cater to the 20ish age group.

It may be cold, no way to know, but if you stay downtown you will have fun.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break

I second Brian O. Savannah is a fun city. Lots of great clubs/bars or pubs to go in and have fun.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Break

Thanks for all the responses! I think we'll definitely do Savannah. I'm not as familiar with Hilton Head but I'll keep that as a backup! :-)

6. Re: Spring Break

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 01, 2010