We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Habersham Inn

washington dc
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Habersham Inn

Does anyone know anything about the Habersham Inn? I was thinking of staying there and don't see any reviews on the website. Let me know if you have any your experience there. Thanks.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Habersham Inn

I have never heard of it. Do you have an address?

washington dc
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Habersham Inn

here's the website: http://www.habersham-inn.com/

513 habersham, in the historic district.

I'd be interested in any advice about the area and b&b. I don't know savannah at all.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Habersham Inn

Just googled it. It is just a few blocks from my house. I know the house didn't know it was an inn. It is quite near a liquor store if that helps you any :)>

I think it is in a pretty good spot, close to the park and just a 15 minute walk from River Street. Keep you eyes open if you are walking around at night but basically a good location.

I don't know anything about the inn though, sorry.

washington dc
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Habersham Inn

Thanks for the help. I'm actually not planning on renting a car and thought I would just walk since the city seems pretty compact. Is it dangerous walking in the area at night, since I figure I'd be walking back from the River St. area at least one of the 2 nights? If so, you recommend a well travelled foot traffic road to walk on from the river to the B&B?

Also, what's the deal with pedicabs (heard they have these in Savannah) in the area? Maybe this is a possiblity if it is not good to walk?

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Habersham Inn

It's a 15 minute walk from the River if you walk fast. It's just about a mile. The location is not bad, not the best, but not bad. Just don't wander farther east at night. Your safest walking at night would probably be from south the River down Bull Street to Forsythe Park and then take Gaston east to Habersham and then south to the Inn.

It's always wise to be careful walking at night in ANY tourist area.

Come and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Aileen

washington dc
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Habersham Inn

Thanks a lot for the advice. I'm a pretty savvy traveler but always good to hear some good local opinion.

I'm really looking forward to the trip.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
253 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Habersham Inn

I would not walk from River Street to that section of Habersham Street as there are some mighty dark streets down at that end of the historic district.

You can usually catch a pedicab in front the Hyatt Regency or Il Pasticcio Restaurant at Bull and Broughton.

A taxi can not cost you more than $10. Catch a cab at the Hyatt too.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Habersham Inn

It is certainly your call but my wife and I walk from the river to our house, a few blocks farther south than you are, regularly. Not at 3am mind you but 10-11 pm.

If you take the route Aileen suggested, the streets are quite busy well into the night, especially thurs-sat now that scad is back in session.

But use your own discretion, stuff happens...

washington dc
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Habersham Inn

Thanks for your help everyone. I'll think it over and let you know how it turned out.