We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to get to savannah

liverpool
Level Contributor
94 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
best way to get to savannah

looking to travel from atlanta, is there a train? i am looking for a web site to check times and fares if you can help me PLEASE!!! thanks from the UK

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to get to savannah

Sorry, there's no train. It's either fly or drive.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to get to savannah

You can take a train but it is a ridiculously long round-a-bout. Flying is the simplest and probably no more expensive with gas as high as it is!

train website is amtrak.com if you want to have a look.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to get to savannah

flying may or may not be cheaper than driving. especially if there's more than one person traveling, i would be very surrised if it were cheaper to fly, though. one thing you do need to bear in mind, though, is that you'll probably want a car while in savannah to visit tybee island, bonaventure cemetary, and to avoid walking home late at night if your hotel isn't nearby.

McDonough, GA
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to get to savannah

no train, but take I-75 South to I-16 to Savannah, it's about a 3-4 hour drive.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to get to savannah

Yes. AMTRAK DOSE go to Savannah. I've taken it myself several times. It's not very convienent, but there IS a train to Savannnah. It is The New York to Miami Line. Fom New York, it is about an 18 hour trip. It drops you off several miles out of town, so you will need to arrange a taxi to get you into the Historic District.

Contact AMTRAK.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to get to savannah

I'm sorry, I didn't read your post correctly.

AMTRAK dose NOT go from Atlanta to Savannah. YOu need to either rent a car - 4 hour car trip, or take the very expensive 24 minute flight.

Good Luck.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to get to savannah

Hello:

Driving from Atlanta to Savannah would probably be your best bet.

I did some math, so if you were to drive to Savannah, the car rental would be about 25 Pounds per day, and petrol

will cost you the about 35p per litre.

Good Luck.

Get answers to your questions about Savannah