We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seventenn Hundred Ninety Inn

rkt
Pendergrass, Georgia
4 posts
Save Topic
Seventenn Hundred Ninety Inn

We our new to Georgia, celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary next month and want to visit Savannah, thinking of staying at the Seventeen Hundred Ninety Inn, but the reviews I've read have not been so good. Has anyone stayed there lately or can give me a little more insight on it..is it in a good location? We want to stay in the historic distric, but not in the usual chain hotels, not looking for a 300.00 a night room, just something nice and clean with the ambiance of the history there. The ghost stories add to the allure of this Inn and Anna's room is available for the time we will be staying so we thought that would be pretty cool..well actually I thought so..haven't told my husband yet! lol Any advice on any historic Inn or hotel or B&B would really be helpful, so many to choose from..just want this time to be special and don't want to spend the extra $$ and have it not be worth it! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Georgia
Georgia
United States
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seventenn Hundred Ninety Inn

Please check out the "hotel/B&B Quandry" thread today, it has some helpful info.

1790 is in a good spot close to everything downtown. I would recommend not wandering too far east from there though particularly at night.

The restaurant is quite good, not world class or anything but good and the place has a nice bar. That is the extent of my experience with the inn.

rkt
Pendergrass, Georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seventenn Hundred Ninety Inn

Thanks BrianO, you seem to be a wealth of information on Savannah! Checked out the suggestions on the Hotel/B&B Quandry post, but none of them "felt just right"..I think Elvis came back from the dead to decorate "The Mansion on Forsythe Park! Way to gaudy for my taste! . I think I have nixed the Seventeen Hundred Ninety Inn, just can't find enough reviews on it, the few I have read have been fairly mixed. I am hoping that you and the other wonderful helpful Savannians can help me decide on the three places I have narrowed it down to..please read my next post! Thanks...rkt

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seventenn Hundred Ninety Inn

The elegant Kehoe House B&B is across the street from the 17Hundred90 Inn & Restaurant. You'll be pleased with what the Kehoe House offers: 13 guest rooms & suites, a made to order Southern breakfast each morning, some rooms have balconies, etc. It's located between 2 of the city's house museums, the Davenport House and the Owens-Thomas House.

Other suggestions include the Hamilton-Turner House Inn on Lafayette Square, the Eliza Thompson House on West Jones Street and the Forsyth Park Inn. These are just a few of the B&Bs within the Historic District. Check the online travel sites like expedia.com or travelocity for best rates, or go to the inn's own websites for specials & package rates.

While the restaurant at 17Hundred90 is favored by locals and tourists alike I hear less than favorable comments from guests about its accomodations and at its sister property the President's Quarters. The PQ is the larger of the 2 inns.

Mentioned in this post
Davenport
Davenport
Central Florida, FL
Owens-Thomas House
Owens-Thomas House
1,678 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Hamilton-Turner Inn
Hamilton-Turner Inn
1,461 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Lafayette Square
Lafayette Square
350 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Eliza Thompson House Savannah
Eliza Thompson House...
1,259 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Forsyth Park Inn
Forsyth Park Inn
669 Reviews
Savannah, GA
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,071 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seventenn Hundred Ninety Inn

I second the Eliza Thompson House suggestion. Historical home in a gorgeous and convenient location for a really good price. Breakfast was yummy, as were eats and drinks at the cocktail and dessert hours. We got a room with an entrance onto the sidewalk, which you may or may not want. There's the concern of safety and lack of courtyard view vs. the ability to come in at all hours, make some noise, and not disturb anyone. be sure to ask before you book.

Mentioned in this post
Eliza Thompson House Savannah
Eliza Thompson House...
1,259 Reviews
Savannah, GA