We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savannah/Garden City Baymont

Which Savannah hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Savannah/Garden City Baymont

I read at another travel site about a new Baymont Inn in Garden City which is supposedly near Savannah. Anyone know anything about Garden City or the Baymont there?

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Savannah/Garden City Baymont

vernonnel

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Savannah/Garden City Baymont

Excuse the flub on my last entry. Bumble fingers.

Garden City is a small community that shares the city limits border with Savannah. There's little there except industrial and local businesses. It's about 7 or 8 miles from the Historic District in Savannah. If you are interested in visiting Savannah, and don't want to stay in the Historic District, I would suggest that you look for a place in midtown or southside Savannah. Look for an ABERCORN street address. It would be closer, the traffic MUCH better and a trip through some lovely places. Also, if you are traveling by car on the I-95 corridor, you might be interest in motels at the intersection of I-95 and US 204. 204 become Abercorn with some nice motels and malls closer in. Abercorn goes directly into the Historic District.

The Baymont is fairly new. It could be a nice place to stay. but your stay in Garden City would not be anything to talk about unless you had business in Garden City. Especially if you are coming from Tampa, it would be out of your way to get there.

Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Savannah/Garden City Baymont

Thank You. I think we are going to stay at the SpringHill Suites on Abercorn based on your input about Garden City.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Savannah/Garden City Baymont

If it helps you at all, I have stayed at the Baymont on Abercorn, which is about five miles from the historic area. It isn't fancy but I've stayed there three times and I never had any problems.

Nashville
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Savannah/Garden City Baymont

Garden city is actually only 2.5 miles from historic district. The baymont just opened 2 weeks ago. They have 42in plasma tvs and pillow top beds. they have many restraunts/bars nearby. it is a straight shot down the road from the district..they offer shuttles to downtown which i think is great. this hotel just cant be beat....i definetly recommend you expierence it.