We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do with kids

Ottawa,Ontario
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
what to do with kids

we have to travel to Savannah next Feb for business. While my husband is at meetings what is there to do with 7 and 4 1/2 year old boys?

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do with kids

I am afraid that for that age child, there is not much to do. Perhaps they would like to see the Aquarium. It's at the Skidaway Island State Park. It's small, but interesting for that age. The weather may be too cold for walking on the beach, but sometimes we have very warm weather in February, in which case, they might like walking on the beach, picking up shells, and chasing sea gulls.

There is a Chucky Cheese Pizza Place and also a Flying Frog pizzas. Both will entertain them while you eat.

The 7 year old might enjoy seeing the Forts. Fort Jackson is small, but easy to reach. Fort Pulaski is out towards Tybee Beach, but I wouldn't reccommend going out there unless you husband was with you. Even the best behaved children love to RUN around the parapets, moats, parade grounds. Two children could be a handful. It's BIG!!!

Ottawa,Ontario
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do with kids

thanks for the info.

Savannah, GA
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do with kids

Oatland Island is a great educational environmental place to wander through and enjoy. Check out http://www.oatlandisland.org/ for more info.

Also, the Live Oak Bull Street library is very large and nice and often has free children programs throughout the week.

I have a friend who likes to take her grandchildren to a pottery shop in the downtown area when they visit. You can make and paint your own pottery and I believe they fire it for you.

Also, we have a fabulous live theatre production, Jukebox Journey that is very enegetic and fun. They also have a website.

Ottawa,Ontario
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do with kids

i am just bumping this up seeing as we are getting close to booking now. The convention my husband is going to is at the Westin. Is that hotel kid friendly or is there another one nearby that is?

Clearwater
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do with kids

I think it is a pretty good family hotel. You also get to ride the little ferrys (sorry not fairies) across the river to downtown, the kids should like that. The hotel has a great pool area if the weather is warm and I understand the food is also very good, especially the Sunday brunch.

We don't have a lot of "kid things" but a horse drawn carriage would be fun and check www.savannahnow.com our local paper as things get closer, there may be a show or play or something right downtown while you are here.