We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
325 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

I need some advice please. We are flying in for just on night (9/23) and staying at the Admiral fell Inn. I though about renting a car, but I have seen some reviews, forums, etc. stating that parking is an issue.

Cab seems a little pricey, with shuttles about the same price.

What are anyone's thoughts on taking the Light Rail to the Conference Center and a cab from there to the hotel? Are there cabs in that area on a regular basis? Will the cost not be worth the trouble?

Thanks!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

There have been a few similar posts here in recent weeks.

I'm also arrving at BWI and staying at Fells Point and intend taking the Light Rail to the Convention Center and a taxi from there in Oct. I haven't managed to make sense of if there is an obvious place to pick up a cab from the Convention Center but I do have the number for the local yellow cabs

410 685 1212

You might also find this map useful

http://bccenter.org/about/hotel_prox.html

HTH

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

If you are arriving earlier in the day you could walk from the Convention Center (I'm guessing one night = not much luggage) to the Inner Harbor area and pick up a water taxi to Fells Point and have a day's pass for the water taxi for that day also for $8 each. You'd need Landing 11.

The walk from the Convention Center doesn't seem that far to me...but I could be looking at through European eyes!

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
325 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

That looks like a great idea...and will give us some bearing as to where we are! Looks like maybe even take the stop just before the convention center.

Thanks so much for the map!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

You're welcome.

Do post back and let me/us know how it went. Be useful info for when we get there.

Have a great trip.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
229 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

The Convention Center is on Pratt Street, which is a busy boulevard and you would probably have no problem flagging down a taxi.

However, if you take the light rail one more stop up to Lombard Street, there is a Holiday Inn right there. I'm not sure if they run a cab stand, but the bell captain would gladly call you a taxi regardless.

An alternative would be to walk down a few blocks to the Inner Harbor. Both the Hyatt and the Renaiisance Hotel have cab stands.

The cost of a taxi ride from that area to Fells Point will be minimal no matter where you pick it up.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

Thanks Renfield, this info is useful me also.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
229 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

Actually, someone came up with an even better idea in a separate thread. You can take the light rail to the Penn Station stop, and there's an active cab stand right there. It's only a little further, so the cab fare would still be nominal.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

I would do as said before and take the light rail to the Convention Center. You can either walk to the Inner harbor and catch the water taxi or walk across the street to the Days Inn. There are always cabs waiting there, one thing I will say is make sure not to get taken advantage of. I took a cab from a hotel in fells point one time; I worked at a Whole Foods connected to the hotel. The cabbie thought I was a tourist and tried to charge me around 15 dollars to Patterson Park. If you pay more than 10 dollars to get from the Inner Harbor to Fells Point you’re being ripped off. Good luck and save traveling.

Riverhead, New York
Level Contributor
325 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

We ended up taking the Light Rail to the Convention Center and walked down to the water taxi. The was VERY EASY! We had packed light so we did some sight-seeing before bringing our bags to the Admiral Fell Inn via water taxi.

This turned out to be a delightful trip - I was very impressed with Baltimore and will definitely go back!

10. Re: transportation to & from BWI and Fells Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 21, 2009