We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

As a HUGE fan of Baltimore!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,177 posts
190 reviews
Save Topic
As a HUGE fan of Baltimore!

I don't see any other thread having to do with the Preakness this year, as we've had on this forum in previous years with people trying to get there and make travel arrangements.

If anyone watched the race on TV or was there, this was so much positive advertising for the City of Baltimore and the people of Baltimore and Maryland ---- incredible.

Hope everyone watched it and will consider Baltimore as a fantastic tourist destination, not just for the Preakness (which was inspiring, with the horse's owner lauding Baltimore and Maryland) but for everything it offers.

I love Baltimore. Had to say that.

Curitiba
Level Contributor
134 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: As a HUGE fan of Baltimore!

Im Brazilian and I lived in Baltimore for 4 months.

When I was about to come back to Brazil, people asked me if I was home sick and I would answer them "no, but i am pretty sure I will be Baltimore sick then!"

Well, I am, everyday. I believe it is a nice city and all it needs is some more chance and less prejudice!

I could had chosen any city in the US to live at buy I randomly chose Baltimore, and I habe no regrets whatsoever! I didn't want to live in a huge tourist like city as LA or NYC.

I do love Baltimore and I miss it everyday. I am SO happy I will visit it again this year and spend 5 days there.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,200 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: As a HUGE fan of Baltimore!

Like!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
16,177 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: As a HUGE fan of Baltimore!

Thanks for your story, Mariana. I'm sure some people are puzzled at the "Charm City" moniker but after traveling regularly to Baltimore for over 20 years, I sure miss my two weeks a year there now. Can't wait until my grandchildren move back to Maryland so I can spend more time in Maryland.

Seriously though ---- on my question. Did anyone else see the Preakness? The owners of California Chrome made Baltimore look VERY good. I hope the Visitor's Bureau was paying attention. The horse owners have it figured out too. It's my second favorite city in the US.

Also, for anyone spending time there soon, the Visitor's Center at the Inner Harbor is excellent. So many helpful volunteers and a great way to start a trip to Baltimore.

4. Re: As a HUGE fan of Baltimore!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, May 21, 2015