We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

?s- cab/dining/safety Baltimore Soundstage/Hilton Garden Inn

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
851 posts
226 reviews
Save Topic
?s- cab/dining/safety Baltimore Soundstage/Hilton Garden Inn

Female heading solo to Baltimore for a concert at the Baltimore Soundstage in two weeks. Will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Inner Harbor. Google maps says it's 1/2 a mile, an easy walk, but not sure if I'll be wanting to depending on the weather. I definitely don't think it'd be smart to walk back to the hotel alone at night. Wondering how easy it will be to grab a cab passing by off the street. I've been to concerts all over and some cities it's never a problem, others difficult to find one late at night, especially during the week. Also, interested in a spot for a light bite to eat before the show in the Baltimore Soundstage area. Would also like to find a spot for a late night bite, etiher in the area of the Baltimore Soundstage or the Hilton Garden Inn-finding many close before the show would be over-it's on a Tuesday night. Would appreciate any input on dining options, safety and ease of finding a cab. Thanks in advance!

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ?s- cab/dining/safety Baltimore Soundstage/Hilton Garden Inn

Your hotel is in the Inner Harbor East, www.harboreast.com, which is a great location for food. Places are listed in my order of preference.

Italian: Cinghiale For Italian or pizza Chazz For pizza & more Bagby Pizza Company

Tapas: Pazo

Middle Eastern: Lebanonese Tavern

Breakfast: Miss Shirley's Teavolve

Irish: James Joyce

I would feel safe walking to the show. I'd probably grab a cab for the way home but I am unable to tell you how easy it would be to flag one down.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ?s- cab/dining/safety Baltimore Soundstage/Hilton Garden Inn

You should have no problem finding a cab at the Soundstage after the show. It's a pretty hopping area at night with Power Plant Live across the street so cabs will be plenty. Definitely a smart decision to cab it home. You just never know, so why risk it?

I'd also recommend Talara in Harbor East -- it's a tapas restaurant.

Pazo is highly rated and a perfect recommendation for your night out; lounge-y, upscale, but I've always found their food rather bland. Perhaps Cinghiale -- another Cindy Wolf restaurant -- would be worth a look.

Fleet Street Kitchen is also good, but it has a slightly more adventurous menu.

http://www.fleetstreetkitchen.com/

Have fun!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
878 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ?s- cab/dining/safety Baltimore Soundstage/Hilton Garden Inn

Going solo to Soundstage? Good for you. Sounds like you already have a sense of adventure. Your hotel is in Harbor East which is safe and clean and is kinda like a mini trendy DC. If you wanna eat there you'll find high scale food that is a bit pricier.

If you are the type of gal who is not afraid of eating alone and can belly up to the bar then check out Joe Squared in Power Plant Live www.powerplantlive.com/index.cfm…

Joe Squared is a great pizza joint up in Station North which is a neighborhood not for the faint of heart but they opened a second shop in Power Plant Live which is basically 1 block north of Soundstage. Head there for dinner/drinks/happy hour. Bartenders are great and will look after you. It's a good place to hit up before or after a show.

Power Plant Live is also a big hub for cabs so grabbing a cab will not be a problem any time of night.

Enjoy your stay.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
851 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ?s- cab/dining/safety Baltimore Soundstage/Hilton Garden Inn

Having a hard time finding a place that serves food after midnight on a Tuesday. Ran across Miss Shirley's in a Google search. Definitely hits the mark for the type of food I'm looking for when out of town and want to stray from my usual healthy diet. Only open for B/L, but planning on eating there when I arrive in town and if good, will get an order for take out to reheat after the show in my hotel room. Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ?s- cab/dining/safety Baltimore Soundstage/Hilton Garden Inn

Food after midnight will be tricky downtown on a Tuesday. You could take a taxi to Canton for the Sip & Bite diner.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ?s- cab/dining/safety Baltimore Soundstage/Hilton Garden Inn

Sabatino's in Little Italy (next to your hotel) is open until midnight.

7. Re: ?s- cab/dining/safety Baltimore Soundstage/Hilton Garden Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 24, 2015