We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A night's stay in baltimore area, near I-95

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
1 post
Save Topic
A night's stay in baltimore area, near I-95

we are driving from savannah to boston and would like to stay overnight in the baltimore area, probably just south of the city and off of 95. can you recommend a nice neighborhood and/or B+B/motel?

Edited: 1:30 pm, December 09, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A night's stay in baltimore area, near I-95

there are a dozen hotels of all types in the BWI hotel area.

New Market, Maryland
Level Contributor
653 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A night's stay in baltimore area, near I-95

Are you looking to dine out or do a little sight-seeing during your stay? Seems like it if you included a B&B. if you just want a place to crash, anywhere will just about work.

If you want an experience I recommend Celie's Waterfront Inn or Hendersons Wharf in Fells Point or Scarborough Fair in Federal Hill.

Both Fells Point and Federal Hill arent too far from I-95, but Federal Hill is definitely closer. Each have good dining/bar/shopping.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A night's stay in baltimore area, near I-95

You may want to consider the White Marsh area just north of Baltimore ( not sure how long you want to drive).

There are several hotels ( Hilton , Hampton, Fairfield) close to 95 and the Avenue at White Marsh has enough of a selection of restaurants that you would be happy. I also believe there is a shuttle from the local hotels to the Avenue.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
146 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A night's stay in baltimore area, near I-95

It is a little unclear what sort of place you are looking for. However, if you are looking for a nice neighborhood or a B&B experience, then I would suggest bypassing the hotels in the BWI area.

Baltimore has a number of very nice and quaint hotels (if that is what you have in mind), and you might also think about stopping over at a place like Alexandria, VA. Old Town Alexandria is about 45-50 miles south of Baltimore and off of I-95, just before you cross the Potomac, and it has some very nice inns and small hotels as well

5. Re: A night's stay in baltimore area, near I-95

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 11, 2014