We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Trip Report

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
139 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Short Trip Report

Just returned from a couple of days in Baltimore and I now have Baltimore envy. Boston can do it right, Baltimore does it right, but alas, my hometown is still trying to figure it out their waterfront after 20 years. The inner harbor area is great. We arrived too late on Sunday to do much besides stroll around before dinner and take advantage of happy hour at La Tasca. We dined at the Capital Grille on Sunday night. Food was very good as usual but the service was rushed and the ratmosphere wasn't conducive to a nice night dining outside. Next day we got the water taxi and went to Ft. McHenry. Wasn't expecting much but Ranger Amato was so interesting I could've hung out there all day listening to his encyclopedic knowledge of all things American. Water taxi was a great way to travel. Went to lunch at Riptides at Fells Point expecting that great Baltimore crab experience. I felt like a big old tourist for going to that place. Crabs were very high priced so we opted for crab cake sandwich and consoled ourselves with some great gelato at Pitango. We did so little that Baltimore has to offer that we promised to return soon much better prepared. Baltimore has got it going on!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
874 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Trip Report

Hey alright!. Glad you had a good time. C'mon back.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
654 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Trip Report

Please do! Glad you had a good time. Steamed crab prices in restaurants are crazy high. After Labor Day the prices do come down somewhat, crabs are heavier and you can get MD crabs into early November. Try Cross St Market next time, LP Steamers, Nicks Fish House for crabs

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,144 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Trip Report

Glad you had a good time! Hope you come back soon!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,560 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Short Trip Report

Very nice short report but I know what you mean. This fall I can't go to Baltimore so I'm also experiencing "Baltimore envy." Have to go to Philly instead (due to flight stuff) so I'll be looking for a "Baltimore experience" there. Just kidding, I like Philly also ---- plenty to do and eat. I'll just be missing B'more while there.

You're lucky you're so closeby! Being a Californian, I'm always jealous of how close so many incredible Eastern cities are to each other, not to mention easier to get to all the fine cities across the Atlantic.

Come back soon!

5. Re: Short Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 04, 2014