We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
624 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

I have a show at the Convention Center, other than the Inner Harbor where are the better places to stay in Baltimore?

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,750 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

What are you looking for in an area to stay in?

Boston
Level Contributor
624 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Safe area

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,145 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

I just took a a look at the list of hotels in Baltimore on Tripadvisor. They list 88 of them, and honestly I had to get into the ones ranked in the 30's before I came across anything close to what I would consider "unsafe". (Some of these are located in the suburbs though)

It might be a better idea to look for something in your dates, in your price range, and then read the reveiws or come back and ask about specific properties. Otherwise if you're just looking for a "safe area" I would say you could stay just about anywhere in the city unless you started looking at true fleabag "by the hour" places.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
868 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

Mt. Vernon. This midtiwn neighboorhood is 9 blocks due north of the convention center and is the arts/cultural center of Baltimore. This is where the ship building, railroad and finance magnates built city mansions which today are apartments, shops and restaurants. it's a safe a vibrant neighborhood up out of downtown. I applaud anyone who comes to Baltimore and looks to get out of the Inner Harbor.

MtV is the way to go. WIth the free Charm City Circulator moving up Charles St and down St. Paul St you will have free bus transport if you don't want to walk the 9-15 blocks, which, for walkers is not a bad walk. Plenty to see.

The hotels are also older yet nicer. Not the corporate body storage chain hotels of downtown.

Peabody Court Hotel

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Hotel Brexton

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60811-d1751278…

Mt. Vernon Hotel

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,938 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

Wish the OP would come back and give us a bit more feedback, on information already given in reply.

Sometimes it cracks me up when people just say "safe area." As IrishFan says, reading the reviews will give you a good clue. Being a "quasi-expert" (laugh please, guys) on hotels in the area around BWI ---- having spent years staying in many of them ---- there are some I would recommend and some I wouldn't but, since I travel alone as a single female, not a single one is "unsafe." They are all safe. Some are sure better than others though.

I hope the OP will do some more research and take the advice of folks like IrishFan and Gravitron about areas. Budget is a huge consideration here as one of the reasons (only one of several reasons) that I stay at BWI is because it's cheaper for a nice hotel with good parking. But, I wander around the other areas of the city regularly and anything in Inner Harbor, Mount Vernon, Harbor East, Fells Point, etc that meets the OP's needs (budget, amenities, comments in reviews, etc.) should be possibilities for the OP.

As above, The (FREE, non-diesel, leisurely) Charm City Circulator will get you anywhere (it's my "legs" when wandering around Baltimore) but you probably don't want to be too far from the Convention Center if that's your focus.

www.charmcitycirculator.com

Come up with a few choices and we can do a much better job of helping you, with more specifics from you.

Edited: 9:53 am, August 15, 2013
6. Re: Where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 17, 2014