We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cross St Market & Fells Bar Hop

Franconia, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Cross St Market & Fells Bar Hop

The wife and I are going to the Ravens preseason game with our son (THU AUG 15). We've had season tickets since day 1 but haven't gotten to Fells Point but once since the 90s. The boy is going to the grandparents the day after the Ravens but we are going to stick around and go to Fells on FRI and Cross St on SAT (or vice versa) and maybe the O's game each night (or maybe just continue bar hopping...staying at Hampton Inn by the Yard). In the 90s at Cross St, we used to hang at Sisson's and eat dynamite rolls at Nick's and then go to the 8x10 or duck pin bowling above the supermarket. At Fells, we used to hit High Tops, Wharf Rat, John Stevens, Horse you came in on, Leadbetters etc. In recent years, I've been to Nick's at Cross Street before night Raven's/O's games and (sadly) I saw that Sisson's and others of these places are gone but aside from Nick's, are there any thoughts about what might be a good tour? Maybe 4 or 5 places at each that would be fun on a FRI/SAT afternoon or eve (if we bail on the O's). And if any of these places have some bar food item that is noteworthy. Not real picky (hang at Carl's Little House before the Ravens or Alewife before the O's) but I'd rather fill up on a variety of good bar items at different places rather than one lavish meal. Thanks!

Edited: 7:30 pm, July 24, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Fell's Point
Fell's Point
2,462 Reviews
Baltimore, MD
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,076 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cross St Market & Fells Bar Hop

Sounds like you could give a fun pub crawl tour (with some recent history thrown in) --- all by yourself!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cross St Market & Fells Bar Hop

im heading to the preseason game also on the 15th. We always park in fed hill and hang at a few bars before walking over to M&T bank stadium. Cross street is usually always a good time. Pub Dog in fed brews a bunch of its own beer. 2 beer mugs for $4 and they make great pizza. Nice little spot for a snack and some drinks. For fed literally just walk up and down cross street and pick a place. In Fells Max's is probably the most popular as they serve over 300 different beers I think.

3. Re: Cross St Market & Fells Bar Hop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 27, 2014