We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

charm city circulator question

nanticoke pa.
Level Contributor
194 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
charm city circulator question

might someone know where i can get a paper copy of the charm city circulator schedule & routes instead of downloading it as a zip file ?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,351 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: charm city circulator question

I get all of mine on the free comfortable Charm City Circulator buses themselves, if you can wait that long. All of the buses would have separate brochures for the various colored lines (orange, purple, green, etc.). If you can figure out which route you will take first (so you don't have to print too much), just look for the brochures which will include the full route with all the stops and the attractions available at each stop.

Brochures are usually available in a caddy at the bus doors. It's very easy to plan your route around town, by seeing where the routes intersect. Be aware that it might sometimes be an extended wait for a bus (I've waited about 30 minutes at times and then sometimes they are much closer together).

Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: charm city circulator question

I printed mine out prior without having to download as a zip, though maybe my settings might be different from yours?

Worth mentioning that if you do apps, they have a very useful one that shows both the map and info on the next 3 arrivals for any given stop. I lived by it while I was there.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,109 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: charm city circulator question

not sure why you are getting a zip file, nor why you can't open and print. the brochure is just one page.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,351 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: charm city circulator question

Missed that part of the original post. I print mine without a zip file also. However, I wouldn't bother to print the whole thing as the brochures on the buses are heavy-duty paper and very user-friendly.(without having to waste your ink at home, if you're actually printing it as opposed to the app). Just print enough to get you started.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: charm city circulator question

Where on the Internet can I buy a Baltimore County map

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,351 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: charm city circulator question

Is there an AAA (American Automobile Association) office near you? I usually get a detailed Baltimore map there, here in California, before I travel to Baltimore. Well, not every time, as I'm there twice a year and the big maps aren't updated that often, but they have good ones. Very comprehensive. More than any tourist would ever need.

Since you live in Baltimore, do you need a tourist map of the county or one very detailed? As I said, the detailed ones I get come from AAA. The less detailed ones ---- I pick them up at BWI or the Visitors Center at the Inner Harbor.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: charm city circulator question

Thanks for the info.

8. Re: charm city circulator question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 27, 2014