We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls Weekend in Baltimore

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cleveland
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Girls Weekend in Baltimore

Myself and 3 of my girlfriends will be in Baltimore this Thursday, 7/25/13 - Sunday, 7/28/13. We are all 24 years old. We are staying at a friend's house who lives in the Fells Point area. Any suggestions on touristy things that we could/should do during the day. We probably have the nighttime activities covered as we have a friend who lives there but we are looking for stuff that we can do to fill the days. We are not interested in museums really but would love anything outdoors that exposes us to more of the city.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls Weekend in Baltimore

I'd get out of the city and explore the area.

Boordy Vineyards is about 40 min drive away...Ellicott City is 15 mins...big shopping malls in Towson and Arundel Mills.

Annapolis, MD is 45 mins away, DC is too....

I am drawing blanks for what to do during the day, but I'm a 34 year old guy so my interests are different than yours. And of course there are a lot of day drinking options on the water. ; - )

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,128 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls Weekend in Baltimore

Will you have a car? Assume so?

I'm way older than all of you but we love Fort McHenry and Harper's Ferry (very outdoorsy ---- but with a "museum twist" as they are historical but offer plenty of opportunity to walk and sightsee and get some great pictures).

As Mirage mentions, Annapolis (especially on a beautiful day) is a GREAT place to wander and walk (almost a "museum-ish town though, being SO historic). There is a trolley there that you can ride for free (Hop-On-Hop-Off) and shop all day.

Just wanted to mention that you are SO FORTUNATE to have a friend who lives in Fells Point who is welcoming you to stay there. We should all be so lucky. When I first visited Baltimore 20 years ago, I had a friend who lived in Bolton Hill (historic neighborhood but they had a club swimming pool in there somewhere in the neighborhood --- very nice relaxation after a day of sightseeing) and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

Bet your friend who lives in the Fells Point area has a ton of ideas!

Have fun!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls Weekend in Baltimore

One day rent bikes from light street cycle hit Jones falls trail, maybe gwynns falls around middle river or around federal hill area. Many bike lanes. Get way to see city

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls Weekend in Baltimore

There are also a bunch of little shops in Fells Point you can probably walk to. Take the water taxi to Fort Mc Henry and walk around - great exercise and the water taxi is fun.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
817 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls Weekend in Baltimore

I'm a little older than you, but thinking back to my 24 year old self...

SHOPPING

maybe start at the harbor for some shopping... you can take the water taxi over there and hit up H&M in Harborplace, a few of the mall stores across the street, and the new Marshalls - just opened with good brands that are never picked over. Harbor East is a short walk from the Inner Harbor, they have a south moon under, MAC, and a couple other good boutiques.

DAY DRINKING

Fells is a great spot for day drinking, as is Canton and Federal Hill... I love the Cross Street market for some oysters, sushi and big beers. In Fells, there's a super cute wine bar on the water called V-No that's a good place to start

WALKS

there's a nice water path that extends from Fells Point over to Canton all along the water. Definitely a nice way to spend an hour or two on a pretty day. There's also a big park in Canton, Patterson Park, with a good dog park, tennis courts, walking paths, etc...

SWIMMING

there is a pool bar behind the Ritz Carlton residences called Tiki Barge... I'm not sure how the membership works now or if they give day passes, etc.. but would definitely be worth checking out.

Have fun!

Edited: 10:57 am, July 24, 2013
Baltimore
Level Contributor
2 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls Weekend in Baltimore

Fort McHenry would be outdoors:

http://www.nps.gov/fomc/index.htm

Baltimore
Level Contributor
2 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls Weekend in Baltimore

Federal Hill Park:

www.baltimore.to/FederalHill/index.html

Edited: 11:09 am, July 24, 2013
Maryland
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls Weekend in Baltimore

Hampden would you give you funky shopping. Google Hampden and the Avenue for more info.

If you're not too hungover Sunday morning, you could hit the Farmer's Market for great coffee, donuts, and more prepared food choices than you can imagine (think food trucks without the trucks) that will do a great job soaking up the alcohol. Closes around sellout at noon. It's not unlike the West Side market in Cleveland but pit beef instead of brat's.

The Pagoda in Patterson Park is open on Sunday's as well.

Friday night will have an outdoor movie in Little Italy (even a walk by after 7:30 will give you a great urbane vibe - hopefully the Baltimore Bike Party will be coming by; if so, I'll wave) and they will be screening Rear Window outdoors at the AVAM on Thursday night (not too far from Fed Hill's bars). Maybe a stop at the AVAM on Thursday might be fun since they wave the admission fee. Check out the website - this is not your father's museum.

Grab the b and City Paper newspapers for more ideas.

A walk around Mt Vernon with a quick walk through the Walters (love the space) might not be a bad idea.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
146 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls Weekend in Baltimore

Get steamed crabs somewhere with an outdoor location. There's nothing better (or more quintessentially Baltimore) than eating crabs and drinking beer on a summer afternoon/evening.

I would also suggest getting out on the water ... and taking the water taxi to Ft. McHenry (as others have suggested) would be one good way to do that.

There is plenty to keep you and your friends occupied in Baltimore over a three-day weekend, so I would probably discourage you from venturing too far out of town. Trips to some of the places suggested on this thread will simply take too much time and are not worth that trouble.

10. Re: Girls Weekend in Baltimore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 27, 2014