We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September trip for Orioles -- where to stay?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
September trip for Orioles -- where to stay?

I am in need of guidance. My family is flying into Dulles from Seattle on the afternoon of Friday, September 6. Our plan is to see the Orioles game on Saturday or Sunday afternoon, but I have no idea where to stay. If we find a place in the city, we have to pay for valet parking; so I'd prefer to stay a bit outside the downtown area. I just have no idea where to look. I'd prefer to stay in Marriott or Hilton branded hotels (loyalty program). Any and all ideas are most welcome. We'll be staying in Baltimore until Monday and then we're off to Philadelphia to catch a Phillies game. Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September trip for Orioles -- where to stay?

Pick a hotel at BWI. or the Hunt Valley marriott which is just north of the city and just a light rail ride away. Bwi is closer to stadium though

Edited: 5:25 pm, July 17, 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
817 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September trip for Orioles -- where to stay?

Keep in mind, you'll also be paying $20 to park at the stadium so an overnight stay in the city wouldn't be too much more.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,816 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September trip for Orioles -- where to stay?

Stay downtown. If you're only staying for one night do you want to spend a lot of it on a train or in a car driving back and forth? It wont be that much more and 1 day parking at the hotel would be about as much to park at the stadium.

4. Re: September trip for Orioles -- where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 20, 2014