We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels close to light rail to travel to inner harbor

Newport News, VA
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels close to light rail to travel to inner harbor

We are 3 females going to a concert at Ravens Stadium on aug 8...hotels at the harbor are very expensive! Trying to find alternate area in which to stay and possibly use the light rail or taxi to travel to the inner harbor. Is the light rail safe at night for us? Is staying near bwi a feasible option?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,146 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels close to light rail to travel to inner harbor

You'll be using lightrail with the thousands of other people taking it after the concert, so yes, it's safe. Although it's typically safe anyway, even when thousands of people aren't using it.

I can't imagine finding a taxi after a big event at the stadium, or what it would cost as the taxi sits in all that traffic with the meter running.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels close to light rail to travel to inner harbor

Yes staying at BWI and using light rail is a very viable option. Take a look at Hotwire.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,677 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels close to light rail to travel to inner harbor

mdboy has given you good advice on looking at Hotwire. I've been staying at BWI twice a year (a week each) since 2004 and have stayed in half the hotels in the BWI area (two Sheratons, Holiday Inn several times, Westin, Microtel, Aloft and others north of BWI in Linthicum Heights ---- a few others south of BWI).

My preference is the hotels in Linthicum Heights. That would be BWI-north. They seem a little nicer than the 3 we've stayed in south of BWI and they tend to consistently have shuttles whereas the hotels south of BWI don't always have them. Also, they would be slightly closer to Baltimore City. Not by much though.

Just go on Hotwire and chose a 3-star, 3-1/2 star or 4-star with a shuttle and whatever other amenities you need and you should be fine. I use the Light Rail all the time by myself and no problem. The shuttle will take you there and pick you up. Just make sure when you're coming back (if you stay in the Linthicum Heights area) that you catch the Light Rail that says "BWI." There are two lines and if you mistakenly go to CROMWELL, you will have to go back.

4. Re: Hotels close to light rail to travel to inner harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 13, 2014