We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants and things to do at Fells Point

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
443 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants and things to do at Fells Point

My husband and I are going to be staying at the Inn at Henderson's for 3 nights. Can anyone give me recommendations for dinner and things to do. Where would the antique shops be?

Is it safe to walk around.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,769 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants and things to do at Fells Point

Don't miss Thames Street Oyster House.

Fells Point is worth exploring on your own. Find places that speak to you.

Not many antique shops, if any, that I know of.

It's safe, but always use caution and common sense.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants and things to do at Fells Point

Check out the Avenue in Hampden for places that sell stuff that might be considered antiques.

Yes it safe to walk around Fells - drunks stumble home safely most nights all the time.

When are you coming? Check out the City Paper for possible festivals.

If you're here on a Sunday, I would highly recommend getting breakfast/brunch at the Baltimore Farmers Market. They close at sellout around noon.

Walk along the water, visit Canton Square. Lots of places to eat and drink in either Fells or Canton.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
817 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants and things to do at Fells Point

Fells is a lot of fun, Thames Street oyster house, Red Star (right next to your hotel), Slainte and one eyed mikes have good food - a bit more casual... for fancy, i'd try Mezze (tapas) or Black Olive (row home style restaurant where you can pick your own fish from the case)... both are really good. there's a cute little wine bar on the water called V-No where you can watch the boats cruise by. Lots of good pubs with live music, including Cats Eye, Waterfront, Horse you came in on.. and some of the other restaurants on that strip will get acoustic acts. There's a trendy spot on the water on the other side of Fells called Bond Street Social. atmosphere is better than the food, but def worth a stop. you can also catch the water taxi from Fells and ride around the harbor to Ft McHenry.

There are lots of shops in fells, really if you're just walking along, you will see plenty of little galleries and boutiques. There are a couple antique shops on Aliceanna and Fleet streets which are a bit off the main drag, but still an easy walk.

In terms of safety, Fells is one of the safer areas... occasional panhandlers would be the biggest issue i think.

Definitely check out the other neighborhoods too, Canton has some good restaurants, Federal Hill for the Cross Street Market... Mt Vernon feels a little more "city" with museums and quirky shops and restaurants. happy to give you more recommendations if you have a preference on food or activities.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
869 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants and things to do at Fells Point

I strongly suggest the Fells Pt. Visitor Center at 1724 Thames St. It's much more than just a few post cards. It's a great start to the neighborhood.

fellspoint.us/fells-point-visitor-center.html

I second Thames Street O'ster House or if it's a nice night than any place where you can eat outside will be a good idea.

Check Cat's Eye Pub for beers and blues music. It's a bit of an older crowd but much more local than many of the other bars. It's has that old city wharf pub feel. Music is always good and crowd has a good time. No food though.

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
443 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants and things to do at Fells Point

Just got back from 3 days at Fells Point and loved it. Henderson's on the Warf was awesome. What a beautiful view of the harbor. We ate at Thames Street Oyster House which I recommend highly. Also Blue Moon for the best breakfast. It was Privateer weekend which was exciting. Baltimore is an underated city. I fell in love with this city in the three days I was there.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants and things to do at Fells Point

I love it when people give us feedback on our recommendations and let us know how much they enjoyed the city. Thank you!

7. Re: Restaurants and things to do at Fells Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 27, 2014