We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The location of the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
The location of the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor

Based on TripAdvisor reviews, I'd really love to stay at this Hotel. But the map shows that it is on the other side of a major freeway from the Inner Harbor and other Baltimore attractions. Can a person safely walk from the Inner Harbor area to/from this Hotel? Is it safe after dark? Also, are there restaurants near this Hotel?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,905 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The location of the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor

"Can a person safely walk from the Inner Harbor area to/from this Hotel? "

Yes, in the daytime. At night I would take a cab. I had family members stay here when they were in town for appointments at Hopkins. The two females walked all over during the day. At night, it's too quiet of an area. No restaurants in the neighborhood at all to speak of. During the day, they walked to Little Italy for lunch. At night, either I picked them up and drove them or they used taxis.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The location of the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor

Thanks a bunch!

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The location of the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor

I agree but will add if you do stay there on a Saturday night between late Spring and the Sunday before Christmas that the Baltimore Farmers Market is at your doorstep. Great place for prepared foods for breakfast and an all around Baltimore experience. Closes at sellout around noon.

4. Re: The location of the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 07, 2014