We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hurricane Sandy - Baltimore

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Hurricane Sandy - Baltimore

Baltimore-Washington Airport closed as of 3:00 p.m. today (Monday). The Bay Bridge is also closed. I live about ten miles from the airport, and it's raining steadily, with gusts of wind. Power is flickering.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
868 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hurricane Sandy - Baltimore

All MTA is closed today as well. It's been light rain downtown all morning but winds have been picking up over the last few hours. We haven't seen the worst of this yet. Be safe y'all.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
15,114 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hurricane Sandy - Baltimore

I'm glad you all checked in. Been thinking about you. My little family lives 5 miles from you (Crofton --- off 424), emilysmom, and they are keeping me posted. Hunkering down.

We're watcing the Weather Channel and seeing places where we were exactly a month ago in NYC and Balt/DC. Whew. Take care, all. Hope everyone is prepped.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hurricane Sandy - Baltimore

Came into work from northeast area and it seems there is more flooding than debris (at least in the dark) . Several roads were closed and I had to detour but almost no one is on the road so it was fine.

We managed to keep our electric which was a shock. Waiting for daylight to assess the damages

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hurricane Sandy - Baltimore

The worst is past here, although it is still raining. We had 9 inches of rain! Never lost power or internet/cable, although the lights flickered several times. The neighborhood a mile away lost power last night and is still out. Traffic lights are not working, so intersections are tricky, but the local grocery store is open. There is still a ban on non-essential travel in the city of Baltimore, until (I think) noon. The airport is open but of course many flights have been cancelled. The Bay Bridge has been reopened.

Edited: 10:45 am, October 30, 2012
5. Re: Hurricane Sandy - Baltimore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 16, 2013