We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baltimore for Thanksgiving

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
370 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Baltimore for Thanksgiving

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I will be traveling to the Inner Harbor area for Thanksgiving. We are looking for ideas on a place to make reservations for Thanksgiving dinner. We are also interested in things to do at this time of year. We do not have children so it will just be the two of us. We enjoy checking out new areas and hitting the "must-sees" in an area. Any suggestions will be much appreciated!!

Have a great day!

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baltimore for Thanksgiving

My husband and I always travel on Christmas day so I know finding places to eat on a holiday can be difficult. Please sanswer some questions. Are you willing to eat at a hotel? Do you want a traditional Thanksgiving dinner? Do you want a buffet? What is your price range? I will watch The Sun which is the local paper and post again when they publish their list of places that are open.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
14,747 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baltimore for Thanksgiving

I go to Baltimore for two weeks each year, in both Sping and Fall, so have never been there at Thanksgiving. We usually leave by the end of October.

However, you don't say which hotel you are staying in. Some of the nice hotels in the area have good spreads, with breakfasts being served. Have you checked with your hotel?

You also don't say how long you are staying. One day? (Thanksgiving?) or 2 or 3 or more. I just returned from a one-week trip to Baltimore 10 days ago. Tons of things to do there. You can find many attractions by searching this forum. The possibilities are endless and captivating.

West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
370 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baltimore for Thanksgiving

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the lack of details. We are staying at the Renaissance Harbor Place. Our goal would be to have traditional Thanksgiving dinner, but we realize that it might not be possible. We prefer sit-down over buffet although some buffets are really well-done. We are willing to spend up to $75 or $80 per person (even more for a totally worth it experience). We would like to stay fairly close to the hotel just because we know it might be hard getting transportation. We are not renting a car (unless people think it is totally necessary).

We are staying from Wednesday evening through Sunday morning are would love to do some fun things in the Inner Harbor area. We like a variety of things and are willing to try pretty much anything.

I hope this helps!! THANK YOU!!

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
34 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baltimore for Thanksgiving

Expensive...but the Charleston

Maryland
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baltimore for Thanksgiving

Check Open Table soon and they will have the restaurants open and you can check reviews. If you aren't a member, easy to join.

Visionary Art Museum on Key Highway across from the Ritz is an amazing and

interesting place. It is unlike any museum you have visited, and they have a crazy fun store, too. Check their website.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baltimore for Thanksgiving

I highly recommend woodberry kitchen, though not sure if they are open on t giving:

http://www.woodberrykitchen.com/

or, try wit and wisdom at the four seasons, delicious! so many restaurants to choose from.....

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
50,763 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baltimore for Thanksgiving

Woodberry Kitchen is closed on Thanksgiving. I like the Wit and Wisdom sufggestion! They have their Thanksgiving menu posted on line:

witandwisdombaltimore.com/content/related_do…

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
868 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baltimore for Thanksgiving

https://www.livingsocial.com/events/509018-t…

If you want to get fat and drunk in the harbor area check out this Living Social deal for Power Plant Live the day before Thanksgiving.

"Come Thanksgiving night, no one is in any shape to move, so get your holiday partying on before the tryptophan coma sets in with today's deal from Power Plant Live! Pay $12 for one ticket to the Homecoming Bull Roast on Wednesday, November 21 (a $20 value). Come on out at 8 p.m. to this entertainment complex just one block from the Inner Harbor for a classic bull roast, then stick around to hit up the Plant's bars and clubs -- your wristband gets you access to a limited open bar, with select beer, wine, and mixed drinks from 9 p.m. to midnight.

mix and mingle

On the night of the event, your wristband lets you enjoy access and drinks at seven of Power Plant Live!'s venues, including:

Mex Tequila Bar

Leinenkugel’s Beer Garden

Luckies Tavern

Luckies Liquors

Mosaic

Angels Rock Bar

PBR Baltimore"

Level Contributor
631 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baltimore for Thanksgiving

Yes, Wit & Wisdom is a good choice.

:)

10. Re: Baltimore for Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 15, 2013