We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Trip Late September

Raleigh, North...
1 post
Save Topic
Business Trip Late September

Hi everyone,

I am going to be traveling to Baltimore for a 3 night stay in late September for work. I have to travel the Baltimore area extensively during this time. I was hoping to get some recommendations as to which areas to stay in. Possibly hotel recommendations. I am in my early 30's and typically like to stay somewhere where I can walk to and from restaurants for dinner. I know there are plenty of hotels downtown, but they are a bit pricey for my overnight stays for work. Can anyone point me in a direction of where to stay? Typically I stay at Holiday Inns, Courtyards, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
Level Contributor
631 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Trip Late September

First of all, if you are traveling here the last weekend in September (the 28th-30th) try and book a room NOW. The Boston Red Sox are in town that weekend so you need to find a decent rate and book before rooms sell out.

There is a Holiday Inn on Lombard Street that usually has decent rates, but you will not find anything decent for less than $160 a night. If you find something close to that rate, book it. Most Inner Harbor hotels are $200 and up.

Do NOT stay at the "Holiday Inn Express at The Stadiums".....it sits far behind the baseball and football stadiums and is a long walk to all the restaurants and bars. Not the safest area either.

Also, you can maybe look into some hotels a few blocks north & west of the Inner Harbor, as sometimes they are cheaper. You can easily get around by using the CCC (Charm City Circulator). It is a FREE bus system that runs various routes thru Baltimore. Get on & off as many times as you wish. They are clean, safe, and best of all, FREE! Here is a link to the CCC route maps, maybe it will help you narrow down your hotel choices:

http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,868 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Trip Late September

I don't think the Red Sox crowds will be that bad this year. Unless they turn it around completely in the next month, they'll miss the playoffs while the Orioles are fighting for a trip to the playoffs for the first time in 14 years.

I'm always for booking well in advance so I would book ASAP but not because there will be tons of Red Sox fans in Baltimore that weekend. Not this year.

Mentioned in this post
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
59,264 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Trip Late September

If you give the exact dates of your stay, what your budget is per night for a hotel, and maybe some additional info on which specific areas you'll be visitng, it would be a lot easier to help. Otherwise everyone is taking shots in the dark.

How are you planning on getting around? Will you have a car? If so you need to factor in another $25-$35 per night for parking if you stay downtown.

Level Contributor
631 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Trip Late September

In general though, I think the last weekend in September will be a busy one in regards to people attending the Orioles game, which in turn will make for a busy weekend for the hotels in the area. Yeah, I know Boston isn't doing that great this year, but it still is Boston and they travel well. Also, it's the last home stance for the Orioles. Not all Orioles fans live in Baltimore, so that will add to folks booking hotel rooms to see the Orioles last home games before the post season. In addition, it's Brooks Robinson Replica Sculpture night on Saturday, again something that will draw in larger than normal crowds. It's better to be proactive and get a hotel as soon as possible, especially if original poster is looking for a convenient, clean, and reasonably priced hotel near the Inner Harbor.

Go Orioles!!!! :)

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
Inner Harbor
Inner Harbor
3,020 Reviews
Baltimore, MD
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
59,264 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business Trip Late September

"In general though, I think the last weekend in September will be a busy one in regards to people attending the Orioles game, which in turn will make for a busy weekend for the hotels in the area."

OK...but I still don't see the part where the OP said he is arriving on the weekend. He says it's a business trip, so I'd be more inclined to think that would happen during the week.

Hopefully he'll come back with more info.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business Trip Late September

Depending on where you are traveling will make a big difference in where we might recommend. The area in White Marsh has several hotels near the center of things and easy access to downtown .

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
830 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Business Trip Late September

Did you try priceline or hotwire? Much less expensive that way. I'd just look for the inner harbor or harbor east.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,257 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Business Trip Late September

there are fairfiled inns, courtyards, holiday inn's etc in the downtown area. There is also a sleep inn which is a few blocks further than the fairfield but is also just outside the nicer areas of downtown. I haven't heard of any problems for guests but like everything, there is a reason it is less expensive. location, location.location. For business, probably just fine.

9. Re: Business Trip Late September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 16, 2013