We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving From Baltimore to Philadelphia

Irvine, California...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Driving From Baltimore to Philadelphia

What time do you suggest we start driving from Baltimore to Philadelphia to avoid traffic?

Thanks,

Sohee

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Irvine, California...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving From Baltimore to Philadelphia

Leaving on Sunday, August 19

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
17,158 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving From Baltimore to Philadelphia

I see you've posted 12 posts on 10 different forums in the past couple of hours, regarding your East Coast road trip. All entitled, "Driving....."

Having done a number of East Coast road trips over the past few years, it seems like it would be helpful (to the people who read the various forums) if you would give an overview of what you are trying to accomplish, so that people know the big picture.

Making 12 posts (all chopped up, and at the same time) on different forums is a bit confusing. You're not giving us an idea if you have to be at a certain place at a certain time, etc. Yes, there is traffic back East (I live in California also and deal with 12-lane freeways every day -- so I get it) but your posts are confusing, being scattered over several forums.

Good luck but more information on if you really have to be at a certain place at a certain time would be helpful. And, bottom-line, it's really difficult to completely avoid traffic on the East Coast, just as it is in your area of Southern Cal.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,158 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving From Baltimore to Philadelphia

Also, forgot to mention that with all your 10 posts regarding driving and traffic, you posted in the Portland, Oregon forum and the Freeport, Bahamas forum --- but you probably wanted Maine.

As I mentioned, your posts are very confusing.

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Maine
Maine
United States
Irvine, California...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving From Baltimore to Philadelphia

marlySF,

I'm sorry that my posts were "very confusing" to you.

I'm planning my east coast trip from DC to Freeport so that I can at least try avoiding the times of extreme traffic. That is my priority at the moment, not trying to get to some place at a certain time as this will be second after I could get an answer to my initial question. I do know that there is traffic back east -- I just wanted to know the times of heavy traffic.

So that being said, if you know and want to answer the following question, please do: When is traffic the heaviest driving from Baltimore to Philadelphia on a Sunday?

I've rechecked my posts on Portland, ME and Freeport, ME forum, and they are posted on the right forums. Thanks for the warning though.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
885 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving From Baltimore to Philadelphia

Sunday is the worst. I live in Baltimore and my parents live on the MD/DE border. On Sunday you'll be dealing with every idiot with a Jersey license plate heading home. From 11-6 is the worst. It's just like normal rush hour traffic only more stupid. There's usually a bottle neck on 95 at the DE toll booth so be prepared for that. The intersection of 95 and 695 at White Marsh in Baltimore County can get pretty bad too. If I may be crass and judgmental for a moment (like I know any other way?) That place is a bottle neck of "me first" mega mall shoppers and scared or angry county drivers all refusing to merge and blend.

There. I feel better now. Enjoy your trip

Mentioned in this post
Irvine, California...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving From Baltimore to Philadelphia

Haha, Gravitron, you gave me a good laugh!

Thanks for the heads up!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,158 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving From Baltimore to Philadelphia

Sorry sohee --- I've only done it during the week and my destination is Boston so I start super early before the heavy commute (all day trip) and just rest when the traffic gets bad, That's why I was trying to figure out what you were trying to do.

Also, I stand corrected. If you type in "Freeport Tripadvisor Forum" it comes up Freeport, Bahamas. I guess you typed in Freeport Maine Tripadvisor Forum, but it still says Freeport (not Freeport Maine) so I learned something. I would have thought it would say something different.

Have a good trip. Didn't mean to offend you. Just trying to figure out what the goal was.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Irvine, California...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving From Baltimore to Philadelphia

Thank you, marlySF!

9. Re: Driving From Baltimore to Philadelphia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 22, 2013