We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inner Harbor want to visit Science Museum, take a day trip

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
US
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Inner Harbor want to visit Science Museum, take a day trip

to DC, kids museum, aquarium, Fort nearby and anything else good for kids. is there a best time to go in summer. I do not like crowdes. would it be less crowded labor day weekend or more. or on weekdays in early August. We also would do a pirates boat ride and maybe other boats.

We can go anytime from July 29 to Aug 5 or Aug 30 to Sept 4.

any recommendations. I also will not go when the orioles are in town .

I prefer to go in summer but if the dates cannot be arranged without dealing with huge crowds then are there any suggestions. The kids are ages 3, 5 and 7 and love science museums, trains and being outdoors.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,745 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inner Harbor want to visit Science Museum, take a day trip

Labor Day is when the Grand Prix race takes place. Stay away.

Consult the Orioles schedule for their games but if you go in the morning/early afternoon on the day of a game you should be OK and if you stay away from the stadiums during games you should be OK too.

Weekdays work better than weekends crowd-wise, but weather wise, it will be hot and humid throughout July and August.

Use the Charm City Ciruculator to get around. It's free.

US
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inner Harbor want to visit Science Museum, take a day trip

I checked the schedule. the dates I am looking at the Orioles are away but I guess I need to check if they have things like camps at the science center. I am not concerned too much about the weather as we are coming from Jersey and all the attractiions we want are indoors.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inner Harbor want to visit Science Museum, take a day trip

The B&O Railroad museum might also be good for your kids since you said they like trains.

4. Re: Inner Harbor want to visit Science Museum, take a day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, June 25, 2013