We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food to take on plane at BWI

Columbia, MD
Level Contributor
84 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Food to take on plane at BWI

We have a coast-to-coast flight on Southwest this week that leaves BWI about 9:30am. Are there any food shops open at that time that sell reasonably fresh-made sandwiches or other "lunch" food to have on the plane?

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
2 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food to take on plane at BWI

My boyfriend and I just flew to Vegas from BWI, and we hit the Krispy Kreme in Columbia on our way up because we couldn't find anything else open at 6 a.m.! I'd advise you to take some snacks with you because all you can get at the Southwest terrminals are Pizza Hut, Burger King, Cinnabon, and a crappy sandwich place. Southwest will give you a snack box with some cheese crackers and cookies.

California
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Food to take on plane at BWI

Okay I know this is a little late, but for anyone else who wanted an answer for the same question, lunch places are usually not open until around 8am or later, but there are breakfast places that open around 7am or earlier in Baltimore depending on where you look. All of these places you can usually get to the airport from in a about a half hour or less depending on traffic. The Blue Moon Cafe is a cute little place in the Fells Point/Canton/Little Italy area that is open very unusual hrs. It has very good food and usually serves as a breakfast/brunch/late night munchies place. They are open Mon-Wed 7 am-3pm, Thurs 7am-3pm, Thurs evening 11pm-3pm Fri afternoon, Fri evening 11pm-3pm Sat afternoon, and Sat evening 11pm-3pm Sun afternoon. That's right no typo they are open all night, all morning, and into the afternoon on Thurs, Fri, and Sat. It is at 1621 Aliceanna Street. There is also Sam's Bagel in the Federal Hill area. They have great bagels! At 915 Light Street they are open Mon-Sat 6am-3pm and Sunday 7am-2pm. Also Spoons Coffeehouse and Roastery in the Federal Hill area. At 24 East Cross Street open Sun-Mon 7am-8pm, Tues-Wed 7am-10pm, and Thurs-Sat 7am-midnight. Also The Cross Street Market, 1065 South Charles Street in Federal Hill and The Broadway Market, Broadway & Fleet Street in Fells Point area are open between 6am and 7am too. Hope this helps people.:)