We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Towson

Coopersburg...
Destination Expert
for Allentown
Level Contributor
626 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Towson

My son and I will be visiting Towson University in April. He will probably spend the night on campus with a friend but I'll need a hotel room. There is a Marriott on-campus that sounds wonderful but costs $189 a night. The other Towson hotels got terrible reviews. I would like to spend closer to $125 and be within 20 minutes of Towson. Any suggestions for a nice clean hotel?

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Towson

toobusy,

The Sheraton Baltimore North is worth a look, although it's not much cheaper. It's on the north side of Towson from Towson U and adjacent to Goucher College. It doesn't show up on the Towson hotel lists, but the Baltimore ones.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Towson

The Sheraton Baltimore North, which is connected to the Towson Town Center (a large shopping mall), is located in Towson but is listed on here under Baltimore. It is a pretty nice hotel, but is a bit on the expensive side. You might want to try the Holiday Inn Select or even the Days Hotel in Timonium. Both are decent and affordable hotels, located about 5 miles from the university. The Embassy Suites in Hunt Valley used to be a nice place to stay, but I wish that they would renovate the hotel one of these days. From what I've heard, the place is really getting run down and could use some major repairs and a total makeover. It is a shame, as it used to be one of my favorite places to stay. I believe that the Courtyard by Marriott in Hunt Valley just completed a major renovation and might be a possibility for a place for you to stay. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.