We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
118 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Penn Station to Inner Harbor

We are traveling to Baltimore on June 25-27. We would like to take the Amtrak train and stay at the Inner Harbor. How far is Penn Station from the Inner Harbor?

Then I have to take my son to BWI airport. How far is it from the Inner Harbor to the airport? Is it too much hassle or should we just drive from Virginia? We really want our two kids to experience a train ride but we are willing to drive if it would be much easier.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,181 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Penn Station to Inner Harbor

5 minutes by taxi, 15 by light rail from Penn St to IH

IH to airport is about 15 min by taxi and 20 by light rail

New York
Level Contributor
184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Penn Station to Inner Harbor

There's also a free shuttle that goes from Penn Station to the Inner Harbor http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/. It's a free, fun way to sightsee some of the nicer areas, such as Mt. Vernon, etc. as well as you travel from Penn Station to your destination. The Orange route is another free circular that would take you through different neighborhoods.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Penn Station to Inner Harbor

I also recommend taking the circulator to get between Penn Station and Inner Harbor. I take everyone from out of town on it. To get to BWI I think you can take the light rail, but check with your hotel to see if they have their own shuttle.

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
118 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Penn Station to Inner Harbor

Thank you all.

Norfolk, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Penn Station to Inner Harbor

How far is train station from baltimre by harbor

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
164 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Penn Station to Inner Harbor

It's roughly about 3 miles between Penn station and the Inner Harbor.

DanielR- if by "by harbor" you're asking about reaching the inner harbor by boat from the train station...it's not possible. The train station is in the middle of the city and not near the water.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
883 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Penn Station to Inner Harbor

We need a train station in the middle of the harbor. That would be so cool.

8. Re: Penn Station to Inner Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 18, 2013