We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need advise..

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
1 post
Save Topic
I need advise..

Hello everyone. I really need your help in making a deccision. I live in Chicago, IL, and I want to know is it worth it for me to move to Baltimore. I don`t have a job right now and I heard that Baltimore is a nice place to live and work. Could you please help me to make a right deccision. Thank you all. Julia

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
51,552 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need advise..

Julia, I think the right decision would be to come on down for a few days and see if it suits YOUR needs.

Do you know anyone in Baltimore? It can be tough to come to a new city without any contacts, although we ARE a pretty friendly bunch here!

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
869 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need advise..

Julia,

I'm all for moving around and seeing more of our beautiful world...

Baltimore is undergoing a massive amount of change right now. The development is just booming. Health Care is the easiest sector to find work as it is the largest...Johns Hopkins and UofMD Medical Center are the larget hospitals and there are many labs associated with them and the other facilities in the area. Tourism is also a great place to begin...nearly every hotel in the area is hiring.

Weather is much milder than Chicago. Seasons are very close to the calender; December can be very pleasant and the major cold and storms are over by April. Summers are humid, but aren't as hot as Chicago...100 rarely happens here. Spring and Autumn are just about perfect...70 today with clear blue skies...

Our mass transit system isn't anywhere near as good as Chicago's, so your neighborhood choice should be at least partially based on your transpotation needs.

Check out the "neighborhood" thread for places to begin.

Baltimore, Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I need advise..

My new boss just moved to the Baltimore, Maryland area from Chicago. His biggest 'shocker' was that the cost of living is higher here. Be sure to check out real estate/apartment rental information so you have an idea of the cost differences. One of the neat things about this area is that it's rich in history. Fort McHenry, Civil War battle fields, etc. We're an hour or so away from Washington DC, an hour or so from Philadelphia (the Liberty Bell, etc), 4 hours from New York. Tax free shopping in Delaware. 3 hours east and you're at the beach. 3 hours west and you're in the mountains. Lots to consider, good luck.