We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inn at the Stadiums-closed?

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Inn at the Stadiums-closed?

I was just wondering if this hotel (I guess you would call it a hotel) is still open for business. I can't seem to find an recent information about it and the hotel's website does not work. I have heard horrible things about this hotel and I would not be surprised if it was shut down by the health department. Don't stay here if it is still open. The latest I heard was that someone who didn't know any better called to make a reservation, but said that the hotel's phone was disconnected. It would probably be a blessing if this "dump" was closed for good. If you are going to Baltimore and want a cheap place to stay, I would not recommend this place to anyone. Not only is it a terrible place to stay, but the neighborhood it is in is very sketchy and "ghetto-like".

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inn at the Stadiums-closed?

Still waiting for an answer regarding whether or not the Inn at the Stadiums is still open, which hopefully it is not.

Another hotel to avoid at all costs is the Quality Inn and Suites at the Carlyle. If the hotel is as bad as the reviews make it sound, I don't see how it stays in business. The health department needs to visit this hotel and see how disgusting it really is. Until then, do yourself a favor and don't stay at the Quality Inn and Suites at the Carlyle.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
58,736 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inn at the Stadiums-closed?

It is absolutely closed, drove by it several times on the way back from Ravens games.

York, PA
Level Contributor
788 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inn at the Stadiums-closed?

Thanks for the info. It's certainly a blessing that it is no longer open and they might as well demolish it too!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inn at the Stadiums-closed?

Actually I just discovered that the Inn at the Stadiums is in the process of being converted to a Holiday Inn Express. In other hotel news, the Harbor Court in Baltimore will soon be an Intercontinental Hotel.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Inn at the Stadiums-closed?

About 200 new toilets are sitting in the parking lot right now. It looks like they are putting some money into the place. Plus, the neighborhood around it is showing signs of life. Glad to see someone is fixing it up.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inn at the Stadiums-closed?

That's what I like to hear. Maybe the hotel and the neighborhood surrounding it are changing for the better. Things were really starting to go downhill at the Inn at the Stadiums (based on the reviews here) and then the reviews stopped, which is because the hotel finally decided the best thing to do was to close. The Holiday Inn Express recently purchased the hotel and I trust that they are going to do an excellent job of fixing it up nicely. Please feel free to visit www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/balrs for more information and an artist's rendering of the exterior of the hotel.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
58,736 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inn at the Stadiums-closed?

They could turn this place into a Ritz-Carlton and it still wouldn't make sense for anyone to stay there if visiting the tourist attractions in Baltimore is the focus of the visit. It's just not a very convenient location for anything EXCEPT the football stadium.

I guess Holiday Inn Express is opening because of the proximity to the bus station, figuring that will bring some customers in.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
654 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inn at the Stadiums-closed?

I agree . There is absolutely no reason to have a hotel there. No restaurants nearby and no amenities to even walk to.