We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do and where to go in Baltimore?

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany, NY
3 posts
Save Topic
What to do and where to go in Baltimore?

Myself and a friend of mine are flying to Baltimore to see the Ravens play the Jets on October 2nd. We will be staying at the Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden yards ($77 on priceline believe it or not). I haven't been to Baltimore in 3 years and I am curious to know a couple things, if anyone can help out...

Best way to get from BWI to the hotel/stadium area by public transportation if possible?

Good places to eat and drink for lunch and Dinner outside of the big box restaurants (i.e. ESPNZone, Hard Rock...)?

Any fun things to do while we be downtoan as we will be arriving at 10am for a 400pm game and also have the night free?

Thanks.

Maryland
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do and where to go in Baltimore?

There's the Baltimore Aquarium and other Museums as well as many other attractions downtown.

Chicago
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do and where to go in Baltimore?

if you are a beer drinker, you have to go to a place called "Max's on Broadway". They have close to 450 different brews. one of the best bars i visited.

Level Contributor
44 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do and where to go in Baltimore?

There is so much here now. What are you guys into? Upscale or lowkey? How old are you? For eating, do you prefer any types of food?

Plan to go to Max's after the game. It's cool, people are fun, you'll be a little tipsy, so you don't want to drive anywhere.

Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do and where to go in Baltimore?

No trip to Baltimore is complete without trying the signature dish - steamed crabs. Many consider Bo Brookes the best crab house some say Obrycki's. Obrycki's is easier to get to from where you will be. If something more formal is in order try Tio Pepe's.

Fell's Point has a lively street scene and is good for a pub crawl and casual dining.

Baltimore
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do and where to go in Baltimore?

If you don't want crabs, the best place to eat near Max's on Broadway (which an earlier poster recommended. BTW, Max's on Broadway is in Fell's Point, which you can get to via the water taxi from where you are staying. There is another Max's in the Inner Harbor near Camden Yards & Ravens Stadium) is Peter's Inn:

http://www.petersinn.com/

One of my favorite restaurants in Baltimore. They do not take reservations and it can get quite crowded. It's best to go right after they open- around 6-ish. . The food is excellent and not too expensive, and they have a bar. (In fact the owner describes them as primarily a bar, which just so happens to have great food)

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
651 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do and where to go in Baltimore?

You can catch the light rail at BWI and it will drop you off downtown near the stadium. There is always the airport shuttle [ more $ though ]. Try Fells Point or Canton for your restaurants.

Baltimore
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do and where to go in Baltimore?

If the weather is nice, take the water taxi (you can pick it up from the inner harbor). It will take you to such destinations as Fells Point ( funky, cool area with great bars, restaurants, fun shopping), Canton (hip, newer area of town--walk or take a taxi to Canton Square--go north on Linwood), Little Italy, Fort McHenry (if you're looking for a bit of history).

My picks for dining: Breakfast: Blue Moon in Fells Point

Lunch and dinner: Mama's on the Half Shell (Canton Square-really good seafood), Helen's Garden (eclectic food, good wine and martini selection--a bit pricy at dinner--also in Canton Square). If you like pizza, there's BOP in Fells Point (brick oven pizza). Also numerous water front restaurants in Fells Point and at the Inner Harbor. For really late night, after the pubs, greasy spoon eats, you have to go to the Sip and Bite in Canton.

I'm not too hip anymore on the bar scene, but from my pub crawling days, you can't go wrong with Fells Point. There are so many pubs, bars and restaurants there, that if you don't like one, there's another next door. Besides, it's a fun place to people watch. You're likely to see just about anything there.

Have a great time in my fair city. No offense, but---GO RAVENS

Fredericksburg, VA
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do and where to go in Baltimore?

Recently spent a Saturday in Inner Harbor. Started with Crab cakes & beer at Phillips Seafood. For $8.00, get the water taxi for all day. Watered over to Fells Point, (40 min ride) strolled & shopped & plenty of bars. Back to Inner Harbor to transfer to water taxi to MD Science Museum to see "Titanic" exhibit, they were open to 800pm on Sat. Thought we would take the $20.00-25? Duck tour on land/water but, ran out of time. Back on water taxi to Little Italy, for dinner. Water taxi ran on Sat. night till midnight. Nice day, nice people. Have fun.

California
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do and where to go in Baltimore?

bobbigbox,

All of the above posts are correct. There are plenty of places you can go and do at the Inner Harbor. However, I would double check with museums, Water Taxi schedules, etc... if I were you because after Labor Day or sometime during September most places and such go off their summer hrs and switch to winter hrs so museums, water taxis, shops, etc... do not run or aren't open as late as during the summer season. I hope you enjoy your stay and game!:)