We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baltimore college trip

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
baltimore college trip

My family and I are planning two day trip to Baltimore, mainly to visit John Hopkins University. Are there any sights that are a must-see? Are there any major amusement parks around, as well?

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baltimore college trip

Baltimore is a great town, and you will want to spend a lot of time at the Inner Harbor. The Harbor has the excellent National Aquarium, Maryland Science Center, two pavilions full of restaurants and shopping, the Hard Rock Cafe and ESPN Zone. Nearby is Little Italy, where you can get great Italian food. And close to that is Fells Point, a fun neighborhood full of bars and restaurants. Amusement parks nearby include Six Flags America in Largo, MD and Hersheypark in Hershey, PA. I much prefer Hershey because they not only have great rollercoasters, they show you how they make chocolate (in a simulated factory tour) and the employees are the friendliest I have ever seen at any amusement park outside of Disney World.

Baltimore
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: baltimore college trip

Well, Baltimore is actually the most historic city in the Country. More places listed in the National Register than Philly, DC or Boston. Please check out the original Washington Monument in Mt. Vernon. Mt. Vernon is the first "historic district" in Maryland. Francis Scotts Keys original Star Spangle Banner is at the Maryland Historical Society, Walters Art Museum, Peabody Institute of Music and so much more...make sure you stay at Peabody Court Hotel. THey are the closest hotel to Johns Hopkins Hospital.

California
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baltimore college trip

Well if you or your family is interested in art. The BMA(Baltimore Museum of Art) is probably your first stop for sights in Baltimore since it is located right basically adjacent to the JHU campus. Check out www.artbma.org for more info. Well Baltimore doesn't really have any major amusement parks in the immediate area, but usually festivals, concerts, and such occur throughout the yr. Check out www.bop.org/events/events.aspx for more info. Hope you have fun!

Maryland
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: baltimore college trip

IF you have time check out an O's game. Also everything mentioned above is great. And if you have time definitely hit up Hershey Park. Just went there yesterday it was great.