We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

megabus and White Marsh park n ride

md
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Topic
megabus and White Marsh park n ride

Has anyone used the White Marsh park n ride for a few nights of parking while taking Megabus to NYC? I know White Marsh is safe area but I dont want to find my car missing after 3 nights of parking? Has anyone taken Megabus to NYC?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: megabus and White Marsh park n ride

try this bus company to NYC - its great.

www.superiortours.com

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: megabus and White Marsh park n ride

I have not, but I agree with Superior tours. Use them all the time to NYC

New Delhi
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: megabus and White Marsh park n ride

I was wondering the same thing. Too bad no one has answered the question about leaving your car 3 nights at the White Marsh park and ride.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: megabus and White Marsh park n ride

I used Megabus in July and had no problems. I went with some girlfriends to NYC for a long day trip. I think we got back to White Marsh around 1:30am. It was pretty cheap to use them and we plan to use them for a trip closer to Christmas time.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: megabus and White Marsh park n ride

I went up for a day in August (left at 7:25 AM and came back at 2:30 AM - our bus ran into traffic heading into Manhattan).

I would guess that it would be okay - it seemed like a safe spot but it is not secure.

I won't have a problem leaving my car there for a couple days but you do never know.

BTW - We had a great expereince with Megabus but I don't think they are the most responsive company out there. Very bare bones and web based.

NYC
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: megabus and White Marsh park n ride

Are there cabs available at the White Marsh Park & Ride at all times of the day and night? I am taking Megabus from NYC to Baltimore and will not arrive to the White Marsh Park & Ride until about 11PM on a Friday night. Will I be able to find a cab at that time of night there?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,924 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: megabus and White Marsh park n ride

Having never been at the WMP&R at that hour, my best guess is that unless there's enough demand for cabs on a regular basis, there won't be any waiting around to greet returning buses. Or you may find yourself competing with other passengers for any taxi(s) that happen to be there. This isn't like a downtown bus drop where cabs will either be waiting or circulating in the area within a minute or two.

In any case, just to cover yourself, I'd call County Cab at 410-339-0000 when you're about an hour outside of White Marsh to arrange for one to meet you.

NYC
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: megabus and White Marsh park n ride

Thank you so much for the quick response and extremely helpful information! I actually changed my Megabus reservation to a much earlier arrival time, and now think I might even be able to take an MTA bus into the downtown area (the #35 bus, I believe). I realize that it takes almost an hour, but I won't be in a major rush anymore, and it would be interesting for me to see the suburbs and surroundings of Baltimore, never having been to visit before. Any advice or opinions? Thanks again so much for the cab company name and number, though. I will have to play it by ear as to which way I'll get myself to the center of town...

New York City, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: megabus and White Marsh park n ride

Are you allowed to park overnight in White Marsh? I've been trying to figure it out but can't find anything. Are you only allowed to park in the "West" lot near the megabus stop?

I really don't have a problem leaving my car for a day, it'd be much easier.

10. Re: megabus and White Marsh park n ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 am, November 04, 2008