We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Six Flags & Hurricane Harbor - Any advice?

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, WV
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Six Flags & Hurricane Harbor - Any advice?

I'm going to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor on July 5th with my husband but no kids. Any advice on what to ride, what not to ride, where to eat, etc.?

So far, I haven't met a roller coaster I didn't love so intensity is a plus. Thanks in advance!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
732 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Six Flags & Hurricane Harbor - Any advice?

Six Flags America has some very good roller coasters, and a lot of rude employees. I hate to say it, because I love amusement parks and roller coasters, but I hate going to this park. But as I said the roller coasters are good. My favorite one is Superman-Ride of Steel, a very long, very tall, and super fast hyper coaster. One of the smoothest coasters I've been on and lots of airtime. They also have two nice wooden coasters that feature a lot of turns and a lot of airtime. They also have a few other coasters that I haven't ridden because they are never open when I've been. One of the biggest problems with this park is that they never have enough staff to run all their rides. One of their rides, the Typhoon Seacoaster, was so poorly built, that I don't think it's ever run. I had a friend that worked at Six Flags when that ride was built and she warned me not to ride it, so if by some miracle that ride is running, you might want to avoid it. Also many of the customers are not the best here. There was a shooting in the parking lot last week, and the park has a history of violent incidents, so be careful.

NJ
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Six Flags & Hurricane Harbor - Any advice?

hi there...thought I'd add - I worked at the park years ago and have to agree with this poster. I highly recommend Hershey Park - great coasters and I've never encountered a rude employee...maybe you could consider it for another trip up north. Coasters are there gallore - and they have just done a reface on the park. Friends report HH to be lots of fun.

NJ
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Six Flags & Hurricane Harbor - Any advice?

hi there...thought I'd add - I worked at the park years ago and have to agree with this poster. I highly recommend Hershey Park - great coasters and I've never encountered a rude employee...maybe you could consider it for another trip up north. Coasters are there gallore - and they have just done a reface on the park. Friends report HH to be lots of fun.