We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

J.Pauls and Samos Restaurants

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
J.Pauls and Samos Restaurants

Hi! Me again..my brain just keeps wandering. I read a couple reviews on J. Pauls restaurant and it looks like it is right up our alley as far as..eating on the deck overlooking the harbor and not too pricey. Have you ever been there before and would you recommend it as a good place to eat?? I was also looking into Samos - it says it's on a side street but is it near the inner harbor? The place sounds very interesting... hmmmmm that could be a possiblity as well. If you would recommend any other (not too pricey) place that's cool too!!!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
684 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: J.Pauls and Samos Restaurants

Samos , if u r talking about the Greek place,,,GREAT FOOD..in a part of town called Greektown. Eastern Ave to Oldham street.10-20 min ride from the Inner Harbor.

The place is in 2 converted rowhomes. A carry-out/kitchen on one side and a small dining area. prob 6-8 tables at most. You were able to bring in drinks also. there is a liquor store at the corner of Eastern and Oldham.

well worth it , if into Greek food...

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: J.Pauls and Samos Restaurants

Thanks Ripken.. how 'bout J. Pauls

California
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: J.Pauls and Samos Restaurants

JJ,

J Pauls is a good place to eat. You are correct it is right at the Inner Harbor though they don't serve Greek food. They serve pretty much your all american food fare. I've been down there with friends or co-workers for dinner or happy hour and their food and costs are fair for what you would find in the Inner Harbor area. The only drawback I'd find is that it is right in the Light Street Pavillion and right next to Phillips at that. That means it can draw crowds especially on weekends during the summer season. We usually go there off season when the tourist season has died down or before the summer starts. But if you like lots of people I don't see this as something that would be a problem for you. Hope this helps!:)

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: J.Pauls and Samos Restaurants

sweettooth - Thanks for the info - I did realize J. Pauls was good ole american food (samos was just something that looked cool but i've never eaten real greek food so we may pass on that place)..but yeah this J. Pauls sounds good and we'd be going on a Monday night or Wed. afternoon so maybe there wouldn't be tons of people..is it on the fells point side though?

California
Level Contributor
123 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: J.Pauls and Samos Restaurants

JJ,

Unfortunately J Pauls is not on the Fells Point side of the Inner Harbor. It is on the stadium side of the Inner Harbor inside the Light Street Pavilion, but there is a Water Taxi dock at the Ampitheatre right between the Light Street and Pratt Street Pavilions that can take you over to Fells Point. Enjoy your trip!:)