We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Crabs -In.Hbr, FellsPt., et.

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Best Crabs -In.Hbr, FellsPt., et.

Hi all! I am looking for suggestions on places to go for the best crabs at a reasonable price. It doesn't have to be pretty (we are roll up our sleeves kind of people that clean up nicely). We'll be there in three weeks so i'm trying to get a plan together.. Locations: inner harbor, fells point, federal hill, little italy, etc..

Baltimore
Level Contributor
684 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Crabs -In.Hbr, FellsPt., et.

hopefully the weather will break to warmer , Crabs are allittle on the scarce side,,bay has been cool ,had one of the lowest temp. May in years.

do you have to be in the downtown area.?...ie ,all your locations are..

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Crabs -In.Hbr, FellsPt., et.

I hope Travelin'Prankster and/or ripken2131 chime in here to answer your question, JJ.

My BH and I are sissies on crab--bisque, cream of crab, and Maryland Crab Soup; along with crab cakes are only what we seek out. In their armor is beyond us.

I would like to offer up a couple of recommendations for "loose" crab though...Sunday Brunch at Mt Vernon Stable & Saloon, on N. Charles, offers The Baltimore, Eggs Benedict over lump crabmeat. Add a half carafe of Mimosa to this and you've got a delicious and decadent way to start a low key day.

Dionysis, on Preston, north of N. Charles serves the best crab cake we have ever eaten! A hearty portion as well.

J. Paul's came in a competitive second to Dionysis for its crabcake offering. And the Inner Harbor views from J. Paul's outside bar are wonderful.

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Crabs -In.Hbr, FellsPt., et.

Thanks Jimmy and Ripken...

It doesn't have to be downtown as long as it won't be a million dollar cab ride from Best Inn..

Baltimore
Level Contributor
684 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Crabs -In.Hbr, FellsPt., et.

will 'keep an eye' out.. sometimes Churchs' , others have fund-raisers with a crab feast...since you r w/o a vehicle , I will keep downtown area in mind..

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Crabs -In.Hbr, FellsPt., et.

Hey Ripken.. have you ever been to Bingo World on Belle Grove Rd. ? I saw an article about the place.. that may be fun to do Monday night for a couple hours.??

Baltimore
Level Contributor
684 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Crabs -In.Hbr, FellsPt., et.

never been to B.World , sry... a huge place though...

try this for Crabs..

..Fells Point area...Since 1944..

1727 E.Pratt St....410-732-6399..reserve a table on-line..ask, but prob. not, if they have MD crabs, if not ,prob. from TX area..all good...but if from TX they air them in so might be $$

obryckis.com

NJ
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Crabs -In.Hbr, FellsPt., et.

Thanks Ripken, I'll give it a shot!! We leave Monday - can't wait..