We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic overnight--nice hotel and restaurant

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kennett Square, PA
Level Contributor
137 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic overnight--nice hotel and restaurant

We are going to Balt. mid-week beginning of Oct. for a very special anniversary celebration. We really won't have much time--arrive Tues. around dinner time and leave late Wed. afternoon. We would like a very special hotel room on the harbor--hoping for a great view, jacuzzi in room and a balcony if possible. Also want a romantic restaurant for dinner--seafood, that will be convenient to where we stay--hoping for walking distance to have a nice stroll after dinner. Because of the time crunch, we don't want to spend alot of time traveling around the city. Any suggestions?? Has anyone stayed at Pier 5--looks nice but would like some first hand info. Thanks!!

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic overnight--nice hotel and restaurant

Pier 5 is very funky and modern, and uses big bold colors that make a statement. I haven't stayed in a room, but have been inside. I'm not sure it screams "romance" but it does have a great location right on the water and I believe some rooms do have balconies which is a very nice feature. For class and sophistication, you may want to try the Harbor Court Hotel (water views) in the Inner Harbor or the Admiral Fell Inn in Fell's Point. Both have restaurants that are hightly rated. The latter property, is located in the oldest part of Baltimore. It is right near the water and is in close proximity to numerous shops, boutiques, pubs and restaurants. The Inner Harbour is often the touted tourist jewel, but it is filled with chain restaurants and unremarkable shops. Fells Point, really captures the charm of charm city.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
418 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic overnight--nice hotel and restaurant

Have not stayed at Pier 5 either but It looks nice and I've heard good things about it. If you stay there dinner couldn't be any closer, their is a Ruth Chris' attached to the hotel. Don't count them out for seafood. My husband and I are not meat eaters and go there for our anniversary dinner and I get lobster and he gets tuna. It's the best we've ever had. Also right next door is McCormick and Schmick another great seafood restaurant. They change their menu daily and have a HUGE selection of seafood. Both great seafood choices, especially if you stay at Pier 5, couldn't be more convienent.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic overnight--nice hotel and restaurant

The Henderson Wharf Inn in Fells Point is nicer than the Admiral Fell and set back a bit as well. It gives you a complementary bottle of wine in your room and has rooms right on the water. Fells Point is very romantic I think - a good dinner choice is Kalis Court, which is a very nice seafood place about 5 blocks frmo the Henderson Wharf that has a gorgeous patio filled with flowers.

Hotel:

http://www.hendersonswharf.com/inn/

Restaurant:

http://www.kaliscourt.net/

Berea OH
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic overnight--nice hotel and restaurant

I'd heartily second the recommendations for Henderson's Wharf Inn and Kali's Court based on our stay Aug. 19 & 20. We came to Baltimore specifically for the Linda Ronstadt concert at Pier Six Pavilion. It was wonderful, and the inn and Kali's Court made our vacation even more memorable. Definitely do make reservations at Kali's Court...and order the crabcakes!

Berea OH
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic overnight--nice hotel and restaurant

Oops! That was Aug. 12 & 13 that we were in Baltimore for Linda Ronstadt. I didn't want to compromise my credibility with the incorrect dates in my earlier post. The rest of the info is absolutely true!

6. Re: Romantic overnight--nice hotel and restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 08, 2009