We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dog friendly places/fells point

Which Baltimore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
350 reviews
Save Topic
dog friendly places/fells point

Taking some out of town family to Fells Point over Labor Day. They love good wine and great beer. Looking for some outdoor venues that may accommodate the four of us plus a laid back chocolate labrador, for drinks, dinner or both.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
225 posts
359 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dog friendly places/fells point

Most places in Fells Point are pretty laid back, but I'm not familiar with all the outdoor seating options. Technically, dogs aren't allowed in any food service area, including patios, but most people probably won't care. The only problem is that one of the local bars, One Eyed Mike's, was recently told by the health inspector that their resident dog was no longer allowed inside the restaurant, so that might be present in people's minds when you walk up. If you do get any pushback, you could try the Duclaw brew pub on Thames Street, down and across from Kali's. They have a large outdoor seating area which I'm pretty sure is surrounded by a low fence. You shouldn't have a problem requesting a table near a section of fence and keeping the dog on the other side.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: dog friendly places/fells point

We usually see people with their dogs eating outside at John Stevens. If you venture into Canton (not too far from Fells Point) - The Kiss Cafe on Boston Street is pet friendly and people always have their dogs at the outdoor tables.

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dog friendly places/fells point

Thanks for your input. Read somewhere on a local Fell's Point site that mentioned Kooper's, Ms. Irene and and Wharf Rat as being Pooch friendly. Can anyone confirm? We live in Annapolis and bring our dog to many outdoor venues, but they are limited to sidewalk cafes/bars, not necessarily beer gardens or fenced in patio areas, so I can understand those being off limits.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
134 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dog friendly places/fells point

Miss Irene's has been closed for a couple of years (RIP). Don't try to take the dog indoors-most places won't allow it any more (Kooper's got cites for it about 2 years ago and haven't allowed it since). Duda's has outdoor seating where you can take your dog. John Steven has a patio, but you have to go through the restaurant to access it, so I don't know if you could take your dog. Mezze (Kali's Court's smaller tapas restaurant next door) has a few tables outside. The Admiral's Cup has outdoor seating as well as DuClaw (which I think someone mentioned before) .

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dog friendly places/fells point

Thanks charmcity. As I mentioned in the post prior to yours, we understand the limitations very clearly, and are only looking for outdoor sidewalk type seating like we have in Annapolis.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
134 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dog friendly places/fells point

I forgot this- Max's on Broadway has a sign posted on their building that says that they are applying for a permit for outdoor seating (on the sidewalk in front). I don't know if it will be up and running by labor day, but it's worth looking into...

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dog friendly places/fells point

Thanks....Max's on Broadway is definitely a place we want to go dog or no dog. Any recommendations for great food in Fells Point? My brother is from Houston so they have quite a bit of great restaurants. We are arriving and staying on our boat, so we are not bringing any really nice clothes to wear, so looking for a place that could impress our guests without gussying up too much.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
134 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dog friendly places/fells point

the best place in Fells Point (and it doesn't require that you dress up at all) is Peters Inn.They have tables outside too, I forgot about this!:

http://www.petersinn.com/

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dog friendly places/fells point

Thanks, I read some great reviews on Peter's Inn, and it's perfect since my brother's name is Peter. We will check it out. Appreciate your help.

baltimore
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: dog friendly places/fells point

Shuckers in Fells Point offers Yappy Hour on Wed. evening. 20% off on your check when you bring your dog. You can still bring your dog on the outside patio at any time. They don't promote the Yappy Hour since the shake down from the health dept., but still offers it. The Admirals Cup has a sign posted at their front door stating "No Dogs Allowed" on outside tables. Hope this helps.

Denise Iannatuono

Editor/Baltimore Dog Magazine www.baltimoredogmag.com