We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Owings Mills to Inner Harbor and/or Camden Yards

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
564 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Owings Mills to Inner Harbor and/or Camden Yards

I will be a visitor to Maryland traveling for work purposes and staying in the Owings Mills area. Arriving at the hotel early to mid afternoon the day before my commitments for work, I would like to explore the Inner Harbor area even for a short time and be back at the hotel before nightfall. This may be the only time I can travel about the city during day hours till I leave for home, so would like to take advantage of the few hours I have the day I arrive in Baltimore. I am not familiar with the area, but have a pamphlet that indicates the Metro Subway rides from Owings Mills to Charles Center, which seems to be the closest to the Harbor. I have been advised not to stop at Lexington Market due to the roughness of the area. I do not even know the travel time between areas. Is this a doable excursion, albeit short? Any suggestions or words of wisdom?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
4,950 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Owings Mills to Inner Harbor and/or Camden Yards

It's a 25-minute ride from Owings Mills to Charles Center, the trains run fairly frequently (no fewer than four every hour), and you can't beat it for $1.60. You will want to use Charles Center as it is closest to most of what you'll likely want to see at the Harbor.

The Lexington Market area is not all that bad--well, not to the extent that you should feel uncomfortable there during the daytime (which seems to be when you'll be making your trip into town). But the only reason to stop there is for the market itself. If you have no interest in a classic, big municipal market--or are traveling on a Sunday, when it's closed--it's a non-issue.

The Metro line does go through some not-so-great areas, but there'd be no reason for you to be getting off at any of them. Enjoy your excursion.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
564 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Owings Mills to Inner Harbor and/or Camden Yards

Tubman, thanks so much for the info. Very helpful and encouraging. I do not want to miss some of the sites of Baltimore. The training I am attending lasts till 5 p.m. each day so does not leave much daylight hours for sightseeing.

The one reason that I would have stopped at the Lexington Market would be to stop at Faidley's, where there is supposedly good fish and seafood served to the public. I want to see the sights at Inner Harbor just as much, so may make the choice for Inner Harbor.

Again, thanks for your assistance.

3. Re: Travel from Owings Mills to Inner Harbor and/or Camden Yards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 06, 2009