We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transit/MARC to aquarium or cheap parking?

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Public transit/MARC to aquarium or cheap parking?

We visited the aquarium and were shocked to spend about $38 on parking! This was for a visit on a Sunday from about 3 to 8 p.m. Are there any good deals on parking near the aquarium? As an alternative, can I take MARC from Union Station DC to Camden Yards and walk? Is it safe? I would be alone (I'm a woman) with a 5-year-old and a baby. Is this okay or a bad idea? I know there is bad crime in parts of Baltimore.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
134 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transit/MARC to aquarium or cheap parking?

Everything in that area- around Camden Yards and the Inner Harbor is safe- tons of people. You won't have a problem, and it's not a long walk.

There is no cheap parking near the aquarium- if you can take the MARC conveniently, then you should!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
5,011 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transit/MARC to aquarium or cheap parking?

Note that MARC only runs Monday-Friday, with the Camden line only running during the morning and afternoon rush hours.

There is cheap parking to be had on the fringes of Little Italy, a 10-minute walk to the aquarium---unmanned surface lots charging $7-$8 in the block bounded by President St., Eastern Ave. & Albemarle St. (two blocks down from the big garage at Pratt/President, which I believe charges ~$14). But get there early and bring exact change to stuff into the box.

http://tinyurl.com/2appsc

Jessup, Maryland
Level Contributor
50 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transit/MARC to aquarium or cheap parking?

If you want to save money, you might want to use the Light Rail line from Cromwell Station in Glen Burnie to Camden Yards. Parking is free there and an Adult round-trip ticket is $3.50. Trains leave every 30 minutes. On Sundays, they start running at 10:30 a.m. and go till 9 p.m.

Baltimore
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transit/MARC to aquarium or cheap parking?

There is also free parking just north of Little Italy in the new townhome development. It's right across President Street. Just be sure to leave by dark!

5. Re: Public transit/MARC to aquarium or cheap parking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, September 06, 2009