We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weekend in Baltimore? (delicious cheap food, cool nature?)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
weekend in Baltimore? (delicious cheap food, cool nature?)

My sweety and I are coming to Baltimore for a wedding this weekend. We'd like suggestions for a cool place to eat Friday night and a good breakfast/brunch spot for Saturday/Sunday. We'll be staying in Hunt Valley - we could take the light rail into the city maybe, or eating near/in H.V. is okay. I do not like driving in urban areas so we will not be driving into downtown Baltimore. We're foodies -- but foodies on a budget -- so we'd like some casual yet inspired places to eat. Thanks in advance! Also looking for a pretty nature walk near Hunt Valley, and any other *gems* in the area for two outdoorsy foodies. Neat bookstores?

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: weekend in Baltimore? (delicious cheap food, cool nature?)

What time are you arriving on Friday?

Anyway, here is what I would do on a weekend in Baltimore.

Arrive in Baltimore on Friday night. Take Light Rail to Baltimore and see O's/Blue Jay's game at Camden Yards. 7 p.m. start. Stop at local pub or restaurant for dinner and drinks afterward. Go home.

Get up, drive to Patapsco River State Park for a hike to the swinging bridge Then drive to a light rail stop on West side of town for a short trip into Baltimore (much shorter than the trip from HV to BAL, that's for sure).

Take LR to Lexington Market for lunch and get Faidley's crabcakes and Berger cookies.

Jump on light rail and explore Inner Harbor area: Aquarium, shops, maybe a harbor tour. Take Water Taxi to Fort McHenry.

Dinner time. Either go back home to change or go right to dinner. Just wear something comfortable but nice. Eat at Roy's, Blue Sea Grill or McCormick and Schmick's. Maybe an Italian place in Little Italy (might need a cab for this). Sabbatino's is your best bet there.

Then head to Fells Point for drinks afterward or go home.

Sunday morning take light rail to Mt. Vernon area for art scene and shopping.

It's gonna get tricky getting into Baltimore from HV because the LR will take forever to get you there and even then you'll have to walk a lot. Recommend taking cabs from the LR stop or park some place in town and take cabs from your parking spot.

12. Re: weekend in Baltimore? (delicious cheap food, cool nature?)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 30, 2009