We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grandview Bed and Breakfast, Astoria

Elida, Ohio
13 posts
Save Topic
Grandview Bed and Breakfast, Astoria

I live in Ohio, but my daughter lives in Spokane and wants to do a road trip to Cannon Beach, spending the night in Astoria. We saw the Grandview's website, and would like anyone's comments about staying here. Thanks!

Level Contributor
35,266 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grandview Bed and Breakfast, Astoria

I haven't stayed here since we have a home in Astoria, I know it is one of the older B and B's in town. If she isn't set on this place, you may want to consider the new Cannery Pier Hotel which is just beautiful with full amenities and gorgeous views of the Columbia River.

In downtown Astoria, the Hotel Elloitt is also very nice and walking distance to the restaurants and shops in downtown. They also have the Vintner's Room for wine tasting and a very pretty rooftop garden for sweeping, panoramic views of the surrounding area. Hope this helps! Welcome to the Forums! :)

Elida, Ohio
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grandview Bed and Breakfast, Astoria

Thanks so much for your info. I did not see either of these hotels listed when I did a search. They look absolutely fabulous!! However, these college girls are going on a shoestring budget, and, unfortunately, these rates are out of their range. They are okay with an older B&B, just so it's safe and clean.

Level Contributor
35,266 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grandview Bed and Breakfast, Astoria

The Grandview should be fine for them. Hope they have a great time in the area! Pass on the word that the Ship Inn has great fish and chips and is very reasonably priced. :)

Portland
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Grandview Bed and Breakfast, Astoria

The Grandview looked both nice and affordable to me. However, if your daughter is a college student she will most likely be highly discriminated against at this business. I am a 23 year old female, and when I called to inquire about the Grandview I was asked if I would be staying with "some friends, or a boyfriend perhaps". I responded that I was traveling with my fiance and was curtly told there were other places in town I would be able to find a room at. I believe I was discriminated against based on my young sounding voice, and because I was staying with my fiance. The person on the phone was extremely rude and belittled me.

Level Contributor
35,266 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grandview Bed and Breakfast, Astoria

That's too bad. Clementine's B and B is very nice, also. There is Holiday Inn Express and a Comfort Suites that are both on the trolley line and would offer nice lodging in a motel-setting. Both of these properties have beautiful views of the river, also. :)

Elida, Ohio
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grandview Bed and Breakfast, Astoria

My daughter and her friends (3 other girls) stayed at the Grandview last week, and said they had a FABULOUS time! They were treated well, the rooms were very nice, and the breakfast was wonderful. They arrived very late due to snowy weather, but the owner made it easy for them to get into their rooms unassisted. My guess is the issue was renting a room to an unmarried couple, rather than your young age.

Level Contributor
35,266 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grandview Bed and Breakfast, Astoria

Thanks for reporting back, I'm glad they enjoyed their stay at the Grandview. :)