We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wear denim everywhere?

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
wear denim everywhere?

Is there anywhere in Astoria that it would be not appropriate for a man to wear denim/ (like particularly restaurants)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wear denim everywhere?

Hi Roadgard-

Oregon is very casual- I bet even the swankiest restuarnts in Portland would'nt turn you away if you wore nice jeans. I pretty much live in them and I cant think of any restuarnt in Oregon that would turn you away for not being dressed up... :)

2. Re: wear denim everywhere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, September 06, 2010
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wear denim everywhere?

Dark Denim is usually okay and Oregon is very casual. I make my husband at least wear black denim for fancier restaurants.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,020 posts
1,068 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wear denim everywhere?

Everybody wears jeans everywhere. There might be one or two "la-de-dah" restaurants in Portland that might frown on wearing jeans . . . but since I don't eat at anyplace like that I can't say for sure ;-)

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wear denim everywhere?

Thanks very much - we won't be going to la-de-dah in Portland, so I guess I'm ok.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,009 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wear denim everywhere?

"... we won't be going to la-de-dah in Portland..."

But you could visit stunning Yachats/Cape Perpetua area if you had the time and inclination because...

Yachats, OR (La Di Da)

http://www.el.com/to/yachats/

http://www.yachats.org/events.html

Specifically, also, July 4 events, see here...

July 4, 2011

Monday, all day - la de da Yachats!

YACHATS la de da PARADE

afternoon festivities & FIREWORKS SHOW

Fun, whimsical, low-tech la de da Parade at Noon sponsored by the Yachats Area Chamber of Commerce. Great food, entertainment and music all afternoon and evening about town. Spectacular Fireworks at Sundown over the Yachats Bay. It's an all day celebration! Click here for the day's schedule of activities and la de da Parade application. (Applications accepted beginning in May.)

It's a Yachats thing, and on their roadside pennants.

Edited: 1:30 pm, September 06, 2010
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,020 posts
1,068 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wear denim everywhere?

LOL, very good voyaging ;-)

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wear denim everywhere?

I suppose Yachats is fabulous, but we will not venture that far in our limited time.

thanks

9. Re: wear denim everywhere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, March 06, 2011